• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Ub820 washed out colors

rubzz

Novice Member
I have the Panasonic ub820 and loved watching Alita on bluray colors fantastic but yesterday i watched spiderman home coming in 4k and i noticed rhe Colors weren’t as good as Alita. More like washed out. What could be? Maybe the signal change it to 4k 444? Or double vision off? I would appreciate some advice thanks!

two2midnight

Distinguished Member
I have the Panasonic ub820 and loved watching Alita on bluray colors fantastic but yesterday i watched spiderman home coming in 4k and i noticed rhe Colors weren’t as good as Alita. More like washed out. What could be? Maybe the signal change it to 4k 444? Or double vision off? I would appreciate some advice thanks!
black levels can vary across uhds. Some are spot on and give good colours, other aren't and colours can be a bit washed out as the picture is too bright. Try using the picture adjust controls on your TV or the ub820 to change this to your taste.

An example, yesterday I was watching Thor Ragnarok uhd. Picture looked a bit too light and washed out so I dropped the TV brighness setting down one notch amd also dropped the dra control on the panasonic to -1. That in combination was enough to improve the picture to my eyes.

rubzz

Novice Member
black levels can vary across uhds. Some are spot on and give good colours, other aren't and colours can be a bit washed out as the picture is too bright. Try using the picture adjust controls on your TV or the ub820 to change this to your taste.

An example, yesterday I was watching Thor Ragnarok uhd. Picture looked a bit too light and washed out so I dropped the TV brighness setting down one notch amd also dropped the dra control on the panasonic to -1. That in combination was enough to improve the picture to my eyes.
Dra? Whats that sorry for my ignorance lol

Fern5000

Novice Member
I understand this was posted awhile ago but I’m having the same issue with my brand new ub820. It’s noticeable when streaming from the YouTube app vs the YouTube App on my Lg Oled. Also, with regular Blu-ray playback. I tried nerfing all the settings down for regular Blu-rays and the color came back. I haven’t nailed down which option is causing this but any insight would be appreciated.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom