U80 Code on my Panasonic DMREX85

R

Ralphly

Ok

I purchased this DMREX85 THREE WEEKS ago from DIGICO AKA Digital Empire online, on four occasions it come up with U80 code, I rang Panasonic customer care who referred me back to DIGICO, DIGICO wants me to send it back at my cost for repair, I rang Panasonic who referred me to a local repairer, telling me that the U80 code suggests that the machine requires replacement, DIGICO won't replace but will repair if I PAY to ship it to them, I rang the local repairer and they will take it for repair, but can not replace it, i explained that the U80 code is intermittent and that it could take a long time to replicate, they insisted that this is all they can do, even thought Panasonic customer service say it need replacing. I'll be taking it in tomorrow and will keep you informed.

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Ok

I purchased this DMREX85 THREE WEEKS ago from DIGICO AKA Digital Empire online, on four occasions it come up with U80 code, I rang Panasonic customer care who referred me back to DIGICO, DIGICO wants me to send it back at my cost for repair, I rang Panasonic who referred me to a local repairer, telling me that the U80 code suggests that the machine requires replacement, DIGICO won't replace but will repair if I PAY to ship it to them, I rang the local repairer and they will take it for repair, but can not replace it, i explained that the U80 code is intermittent and that it could take a long time to replicate, they insisted that this is all they can do, even thought Panasonic customer service say it need replacing. I'll be taking it in tomorrow and will keep you informed.

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

i second that crap company who steal your money beware

I believe if there is a fault within like a month or so they have to reimburse posting (to a reasonable amount). But I am not 100% sure. But as royold said ask trading standards where you stand.

Did you not download the software update that was broadcast a couple of weeks ago?

I think it fixes the U80 code problem.

Hi Guys

I haven't had the time to drop it off at my local repairers as yet, I've been in touch with trading standards and have been told that as I brought it online they can ask for me to pay the shipping, although they would have expected that it being such a small amount of time they would have covered this, In fact I had ordered a Pioneer 545 which was supposed to be in stock from DIGICO after six calls and four weeks I was told that there couldn't get hold of these and they offered the Panasonic I am still waiting for the refund of the different £47 since the 28th March

I have upgraded the firmware last week, but to no avail.

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad::mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad::mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad::mad:

Pretty sucky! It is the responsability of the retailer to prove they did not sell you faulty goods. Ie. the fault was not present when you purchased the item.

Since goods of this type tend to be sealed in a bag (or at least wrapped), and sealed in a taped down cardboard box, the retailer in quesiton will need to come up with some quite convincing argument!

This is a really helpful/useful page....

http://www.dti.gov.uk/consumers/fact-sheets/page24700_print.html

One point that you seem to be struggling with your retailer on is highlighted quite specifically...

"A purchaser who is a consumer, i.e. is not buying in the course of a business, can alternatively request a repair or replacement."

[Mod Comment: For legal reasons I have had to remove some of the text in some of the posts in this thread. Whilst you may be unhappy with the company, they have not performed in an illegal manner and therefore your comments Ralphly that I have removed are not justified from the point of view of libel, sorry. I hope you get a better resolution to this than it sounds like you may though. :End Mod comment]

Did you not download the software update that was broadcast a couple of weeks ago?

I think it fixes the U80 code problem.

I think Gary's right. We've had a couple o DMR-EX75s which had the same prob, but the software update (despite our firmware update-recommended by Pana Service) seems to have solved the problem. ....:-)

I have the new firmware but this hasn’t resolved the problem.

Let me rephrase my comments of DIGICO

It is my opinion that due to having to wait for four weeks for a product that I ordered (pioneer 545) and numinous telephone conversations on my part never from DIGICO, offering me an alterative product (Panasonic 85) then sold me a faulty product, then refusing to replace only offering to repair after three weeks from purchase (28/03/07)on the condition that I post it back to them at my cost, after another three phone calls to get the £47 back from the differents, which has just been credited to my account today two and a half weeks from when the Panasonic was dispatch, would indicate that this company namely DIGICO aka Digital Empire Online has poor customer care from the purchase to the after sales, therefore I would strongly urge anyone reading this post to consider not using DIGICO aka Digital Empire Online, as this COULD BE YOU.

I'm sure the statement above would not leave AVFORUMS with legal issues.

Ralphy, suggest you write to Digico, threatening to take it to the County Court. Have started doing so myself recently - with about 5 different people, includign one I have been in dispute with for years.

Cannot believe that every company paid up before I started proceedings. Warned them all that I would start action in 21 days (gave them time to sort it out).

If you win and Digico don't pay up, you can ask credit card company for refund under s. 75 Consumer Credit Act 1974 (if you bought on credit card [the Act applies to any credit card purchase over £100]).

Ignore last post - credit card company liable once judgement made, if it cost you over £100 on credit card.

I bought an item from Digico. Had a minor problem with it. One person was rude to me, so I was curt back. Got me nowhere. Spoke to someone else and was polite - got me everywhere. So, appeal to their better nature, if possible!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom