1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

U2 manchester tickets available at face value here

Discussion in 'Music & Music Streaming Services' started by SanPedro, Jan 28, 2005.

1. SanPedro

SanPedro

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +503
    http://www.seetickets.com

Just got 4 tickets for the Manchester gig within seconds. Unlike ticketba****ds where you can't even get through.

Good luck

Chris

2. PeteIvy

PeteIvy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +58
  3. captaindobie

captaindobie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    Ticket prices too rich for me. I am going to see them in Dublin and really wanted to see them in Glasgow too. However, at £50 a ticket (and these have already sold out) i just can't justfy paying the money.
    They are my favourite band, and they are absolutely fantastic live but they have seriously *issed off a lot of genuine fans with these prices, not to mention the whole pre-sale ticket fiasco...
    I will go to Dublin (for the first time) and enjoy it. In future though, i will just stick to buying the CD when it comes out.
    The last truly great band of the people have finally succumbed to the 'man' :nono:

4. philst68i

philst68i

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    Agree with Captain here, I hate it when bands go 'stadium' Interestingly, the cheapest seats were at the front ? for the fans. But 'true' fans cannot buy them at face value prices.
    I would like to them play live again, but even at face value,were they £50 ?, I also cannot justify that x2 , seen them play live, maybe 79ish, support for The Police.
    PS...like the new album BTW.

5. ozzyo99

ozzyo99

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Managed to get 4 tickets for Cardiff, can't wait. And my old man for 2 tickets for Twickenham, personally i can't wait!

6. CJROSS

CJROSS

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +343
    Agree 100% Captain, they have went down in my book for the price they are charging.

And no I did not get any tickets, I think they were sold out within 30 minutes, will just have to buy the DVD when it comes out.

7. SanPedro

SanPedro

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +503
    Looking at what I paid to see Genesis in 1980 at the Manchester Apollo (£5), compared to the cost of a pint then (50p), an INXS 1990 gig at the SEEC (£14). I don't think the prices are way out of line. Certainly not compared to Madonnas last tour at £85 a ticket.

I do agree the whole pre-selling aspect of the tour was a complete and utter cock-up. But blame Ticketba****ds for that and not the band. They are the ones charging a 10% surcharge on all tickets. I remember when buying a ticket for any concert meant you only paid the list price of the ticket!!!.

This may be the last time to see the band. If current progress is anything to go by it'll be another 4 years before an album is released. This may be the last opportunity to see while they are still on a high. This'll be the first time I've been to an event like this in years and it's the first concert my 2 kids will have been to in their lives. Only downside for them is that any other concert may neber match up to it.

Chris

8. Donnacha

Donnacha
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,398
    Fancied gettin' tickets for this (nigh on impossible though on the web) but having seen them twice in stadiums I was not all that impressed. I was lucky enough to see them in the Astoria at an invite only gig, prior to the release of the last album and it was amazing! I don't think a stadium gig will ever beat that experience. Still...fancy going if I could get a ticket!

9. captaindobie

captaindobie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    I don't blame the band really. They have always tried to keep ticket prices at a minimum.
    However, while i accept that the general admission tickets are probably good value @ £50, the next ticket up from that is £85. That really is too much.
    I have seen U2 four times in Scotland since 1987, all stadium shows, and they were quite simply stunning on every occasion. But, the Vertigo tour will be the last time that i see them live. :hiya:

10. RMCF

RMCF

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +621
    I have seen them only once live, in Dublin the night Di was in the car crash. A concert that has never been topped by anyone since for me. Unbelievable. I got 2 tickets for the Cardiff show this time as back-up in case I don't manage to get Dublin tickets. If I do, I can see myself going to both shows - I think the Millennium Stadium would be a great place to see U2 play. Plus, as people are saying here, the band will probably be on the wane the next time they tour. As for the price of tickets, I think that it is not too high considering the band. I have seen bands with a couple of hits (Darkness for one) selling tickets in the £30 region - no comparison. Lets be honest, what can you get for £50 these days? Although I do have to get flights and a hotel room and food and beer money for a Wales trip !!

11. CJROSS

CJROSS

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +343
    Captain

There comes a point when the band have to take some flak for the price their management and PR are charging for a show, Now I agree I was willing to stump up £50 for a standing ticket but once you factor in booking fee that went up to £60, now again that’s borderline accpetable to me, but what really grates as a U2.com member is that on top of that you had to pay $40 to guarantee tickets before sale, so £27 onto that getting close to £70 for .

I went to see Sting a couple of months ago, seated tickets £40. Now I love U2 always have done but what on earth makes them charge £85+booking fee for a seated ticket plus a commission of £27 to guarantee you can get a tickets, they would have been better allowing long time members of the fanclub or website to apply.

Very greedy in my book and their pricing structure has alienated many long term fans like me. On top of extortionate prices are booking fees + “guaranteed” U2 member charges.

2/10 Bono et al.

12. ozzyo99

ozzyo99

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    If a % of it goes towards charities which U2 usually do given their political and fair trade stance then ill gladly pay £10 more. However if its only lining the pockets of the already rich and famous (which tbh Bono wouldn't let happen) then its another issue.

Eitherway, i cannot wait until June to be standing there on a hot summers nights, with like minded people waiting for what could be U2's biggest tour event since Popmart and Zooropia. Please deliver!!

13. captaindobie

captaindobie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    OK, just got 2 tickets for Dublin, Sat 25th June.

Paid just over 130 euros which works out at about £90.
    So, it looks like they may be a little cheaper for the Irish dates...

14. Karma

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    I ought to state that I am not a U2 "fan". I have some of the albums, which I enjoy, but not enough to see them in concert. However, were I such a fan, I think I'd defend the price of tickets.

McCartney charged a similar amount, people complained then. However, you are going to see a spectacle, a one off, something that you will remember for a long time to come and certainly something you will not see again. There will be something in excess of 200 people to put this show together and move it around. Quite a feat, quite a salary / accomodation / food bill.

Compare it with a football match, repeated every weekend, where the only massive statistic is the players saleries. Makes the price seem reasonable.

I'm not into football, but have just done a random trawl of the websites for comparison. To go and see Chelsea play....£48..a match. £38 if you don't mind restricted view seats. Manchester United £34. For something I could go and see almost weekly, most months of the year.

Theatre, ticket prices for Londons best selling musical, "Chicago" £42

Seems to me then £50 or even £85 is reasonable for something that you will only get the chance to see once.

A big event needs a big arena, and visa versa. U2 will never play a regular tour in small venues again. Ticket demand would have them playing every night for the next umpteen years. The days of the £2.50 ticket with warm beer in the room above the Dog and Bollock have gone.

Bands become popular, infation takes over and.........

....you know, Ive just talked myself into buying some reasonably priced U2 tickets

must dash

K

15. SanPedro

SanPedro

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +503
    The words 'pigs' and 'fly' come to mind. ;)

I can't believe people were paying more on Ebay than you can buy from the online ticket touts. Prices look to have slowed a little on Ebay at the moment though.

Chris

16. CrispyXUK

CrispyXUK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +33
    Well Radiohead are extremely popular on the ticket side too with tickets selling out in a matter of hours but they still only charge £30.

But fair enough if people want to pay £50 for U2 let them