U2 Get Your Boots On

Couldn't agree more.
Pretty damn good for a bunch of old geezers (as am I :D).

Might even be tempted to buy the album.

No doubt there will be a tour to follow later this year/early next year. :thumbsup:

Good to see them back with Brian Eno and Daniel Lanois again.

meah, heard the world premier on Ireland's 2fm radio station yesterday morning. wasn't impressed. maybe will grow on me. the edge did his thing as usual...but they are some seriously dodgy lyrics

Riffy, Rocky U2 standard fare although why does it remind me a wee bit of We Didn't Start The Fire by Billy Joel!? :eek:

Appears to be called "Get on your boots" ;)

Erm....no, doesn't do much for me but not their worst sounding track ever.

Sorry for me its down a fair bit in terms of quality, but I think U2 have been gradually slipping over recent albums.

It might be a grower, but this along with the last 2 albums and song such as Vertigo and Elevation aren't in the same class as their older stuff.

For me they just aren't churning out classics like With Or Without You, Still Haven't Found, Sunday Bloody Sunday, One, All I Want Is You, Desire etc any more.

Definitely on the slide.

Pretty good for my first listen (but let down by my crappy pc speakers).

As a long time U2 fan I'm really looking forward to the album No Line on the Horizon, coming out. :thumbsup: I'm sure there'll be another couple of future classics waiting to be unearthed.

For anyone interested, the Feb edition of Q magazine has an in-depth look at the album with separate interviews with each of the 4 band members.

Much of a muchness to me. Doesn't grab me the way Vertigo or Beautiful Day did as 1st singles from recent U2 albums. Not bad though, just nothing special.

They should have quit after the Unforgettable Fire?

So you don't rate The Joshua Tree or Achtung Baby?

think its utter tripe:suicide:

they should have given up after the unforgettable fire

I'm glad they didn't give up then, but as much as I love The Joshua Tree, I usually find myself listening to The Unforgettable Fire to get my U2 fix. "Bad", "A Sort of Homecoming", "Pride" - what great songs ....

I'm glad they didn't give up then, but as much as I love The Joshua Tree, I usually find myself listening to The Unforgettable Fire to get my U2 fix. "Bad", "A Sort of Homecoming", "Pride" - what great songs ....

I still play Wide Awake In America, love the live version of Bad & A Sort of Homecoming, & of course Love Comes Tumbling & Three Sunrises.

Shame it's not remastered, maybe not in it's original form but when we get the Unforgettable Fire remaster.

Any news of a release date?

The Unforgetable Fire is the next in line for their re-issue series, which they're doing chronologically.

Great stuff, as it's my second favourite U2 album - the b-sides are as good as the album, too. Bass Trap, Sixty Seconds in Kingdom Come, etc, are all excellent.

My favourite U2 album is Zoorpoa - very experimental, but after a few listens it's their must unified and coherent work.

Which bring us back to the new album. I like this single - it's maybe missing the very best killer hook for the chorus, but it's pretty sublime otherwise. I hear the LP will be quite experimental, a bit like...well, like The Unforgetable Fire or Zooropa.

:thumbsup:

Steve W

My favourite U2 album is Zoorpoa - very experimental, but after a few listens it's their must unified and coherent work.

:thumbsup:

Steve W

good choice :thumbsup: the title track zooropa is one of favorite songs to listen to well along with everything else they have done :rotfl:
as for the new track didnt like it at first the lyrics just didnt seem right but after many run thrus its a grower .
looking forward to the new album but my wife is not as thats all i will play for weeks :smashin:

Good to see a few big fans in here.....ever since I first seen them in '83 I've been a massive fan. I still don't think they have ever put out a bad album. I'm currently listening to POP, and loving it all over again. :D

I agree that the new track is a grower. When listening to any new U2 song I try to imagine how it will sound live in front of 50000 + fans, and this song will certainly be better live than on album.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom