1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

U Direct films

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by Jon Baker, Aug 6, 2001.

1. Jon Baker

Jon Baker
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Have they gone bust ?

Their web site is not at its old address and they can't be found on the EPG anymore.

2. bighairy

bighairy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Check out <a href="http://www.digitalspy.co.uk" target="_blank">www.digitalspy.co.uk</a> for all news of Digital TV. Yes, U direct have gone out of business as of 1st August.

I'm not sure who will mourn their passing but it does show that Digital TV is not a license to print money...

3. raigraphixs

raigraphixs
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15,187
    Hi,

I am getting money taken from my account about 3.99 or so at different times.

my credit card statement reads 'digi bill mail' Kirkcaldy, and my bank do not have anymore details than that !.

Today I got a letter from Wescot Credit debt collection services!, asking for £24 for their client 'digibill' or legal action.

I have never been able to track down digibill.

So today I did a google forum search for digibill;

try this link

http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=...=&ie=ISO-8859-1&q=digibill&btnG=Google+Search

these guys had problems in 2000/2001, i am still getting problems.

Can anybody tell me if this taking off money is fraud?, if u-direct are bust?.

on google they had this address for u-direct;

MGT Ltd
    P.O. Box 200
    Kirkaldy
    KY26 WDK

Anyboy got their number?

Can anybody give me more legal type advice on what i should do?, does anybody know this company and the place they are?.

Who would deal with this, is there some group or watchdog, apart from the police.
    What about bbc watchdog?, I dont really want a solicitor, I can not afford that route.

Hopefully it is a misunderstanding, but i dont think so, as others have suffered.

thanks

rai

4. lynx

lynx

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +301
    From one of the best pieces of software available :smashin:

,,,M G T Ltd.,7389,,P O Box 200,,08708407000,KY2 6WD,,Kirkcaldy,Fife

5. hufartd

hufartd

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +66
    google on the postcode reveals they are part of setanta.
    here

6. Miniholic

Miniholic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +397
  7. amac

amac

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    MGT Ltd are indeed part of Setanta. Please have a look at my recent correspondence with Setanta about an unexpected demand which I received in February 07 from the Wescot debt collection agency an behalf of MGT Ltd.

25/3/07
    to : Managing Director
    Setanta Sports
    PO Box 800
    Kirkcaldy
    Fife, KY2 6WF

Dear Sir / Madam,

I received a phonecall from one of your staff on 15/3/07 in response to my previous letter to you (dated 14/2/07).

Your staff member acknowledged that it was Setanta who had passed my name to the Wescot debt collection agency. She explained that it was in respect of a credit card payment blocked by my bank for a pay-per-view football match in August 06. I told her that I had already settled the &#163;8 payment with Westcot. For your information, I did ask Westcot for a receipt but &#8211; unsurprisingly given their poor customer relations reported on the internet &#8211; I haven't yet received one.

This problem with my credit card arose because my bank advised me to change my card number in July 06 due to some unauthorised attempts for payments. Unfortunately, Setanta's pay-per-view system appears to be rather primitive in that it provides an access PIN number to customers before gaining a payment approval from their credit card. Furthermore, there was no facility to change card details via your automatic system anyway. I wasn't sure which card number I had registered with Setanta, so when I received the access PIN for the game in August I simply assumed it wasn't the card which had been terminated. In summary, the payment problem was a completely innocent situation on my part, and was incompetence on Setanta's part.

Your staff member apologised for Setanta passing my name to Wescot and said that she personally disapproved of this course of action. This was fine as far as it went. Unfortunately when I asked her some further questions it became clear that she had been put in a situation where she was largely speaking in a personal capacity rather than properly representing Setanta. For example, when I asked why my name had gone straight to Wescot rather than Setanta simply asking me directly for payment she said, &#8220;the powers that be decided just to put it through Wescot&#8221; but couldn't explain why. Neither could she say whether or not Setanta's management had acknowledged that this course of action was wrong and wouldn't do it again. Nor could she explain why the Wescot debt notice refers to &#8220;MGT Ltd&#8221; rather than Setanta. This cynical ploy by Setanta means that most people receiving these notices wouldn't have a clue where the debt came from.

Given this background I have a number of comments to make to you as Managing Director of Setanta :

&#183; How dare you pass any of my details to a debt collection agency. I would have immediately settled any debts that I had with you if you had had the common courtesy to contact me directly first. I regard your action as a total breach of trust which demonstrates utter contempt for customers. Consequently I will never deal with Setanta ever again and I will advise all my friends and associates to do the same. Indeed I will be posting full details of this incident on the internet for the benefit of other customers you have abused.

&#183; I request you to remove all my address and other details from your databases and to never sent me any more communications by post, phone, or email. Please could you send me confirmation by post that this has been done.

&#183; I demand a written apology from Setanta for your errors over this incident. The phonecall from your staff member has the advantage to yourselves that it is off the record and so can't be used in evidence in any legal situation &#8211; unless it was recorded.

&#183; On behalf of your other customers I would like your apology letter to state clearly that in future Setanta will always first approach customers directly to settle any debts, before passing any information to a debt collection agency.

&#183; Furthermore, in your apology letter you should state that in future all debt collection notices will include Setanta's name and actual details of the debt rather than hiding behind an anonymous cipher such as &#8220;MGT Ltd&#8221; with no debt details at all.

Frankly, given Setanta's behaviour in this matter so far I don't expect you to reply to me or take any action over this letter. Accordingly I have passed a copy to the Consumers' Association Which? magazine, of which I'm a member, inviting them to monitor Setanta and possibly mount an enquiry into your sharp practise.

Finally, next time you and your managerial colleagues decide to &#8220;just to put it through Wescot&#8221; you may care to reflect whether the complete alienation of previously satisfied and potential long term customers such as myself over an &#163;8 debt &#8211; which I would gladly have settled had I known about it &#8211; is actually something that helps your overall business plan and profitability.

Yours Faithfully,

8. ojo

ojo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Well said..

9. TheBlueBrazil

TheBlueBrazil

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +282
    Not sure if MGT are infact part of Setanta or not.

MGT are basically a call centre that deal with subscriptions for pay tv.

Quite a big company in Fife at the moment.

10. chrispont

chrispont
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've had the same. MGT Ltd passed my details on to Corporate Financial Services Ltd without first contacting me (I'd had a replacement debit card and hence the issue number changed, they failed to take payment).

I think this is awful. They admitted that they have no customer services department as such and that they're therefore using third party companies such as CFS and Wescott.

Is it even legal that they can pass my info on to third parties like this? Surely the data protection act comes into play? I could understand if I'd not paid and they'd contacted me and given me a reasonable chance, but this is crap!:mad: