Established Member
Reaction score
im after something like in the pic but with the threaded part twice as long:
inside diameter 40mm

cant seem to find anything on the net

C829930-63.jpg

regards

kevin

He's going to have one hell of a job cutting a theard with a die as the wrench will not be able to rotate within 40mm. but you can buy die nuts which is a die within an hexagon and you use a spanner to cut the threads, but if you do use a die use a cutting oil.

Does the original poster want the thread part added to the existing thread, rather than cutting more thread on the one already there?

Garrett said:
Does the original poster want the thread part added to the existing thread, rather than cutting more thread on the one already there?

in a word, yes

kevandalice said:
in a word, yes
Yes I though so, the other poster was thinking you wanted more thread futher down into the U.

Uridium has hit the nail on the head. Run a die up each leg, it will be a standard metric size and it's easy to do_Only thing to check is the thread pitch, just run the die up the thread to check.

Edit: I've just noticed you want longer length so forget the above. oops.

You can buy straight threaded bar in metre lengths with various diameters and threads; these can be carefully bent to make your own U-shaped piece.
I have done this for custom antenna brackets for various unusual satellite dishes as well as homebrew ham radio microwave antennas.

Chris Muriel, Manchester

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom