kevandalice

im after something like in the pic but with the threaded part twice as long:
inside diameter 40mm

cant seem to find anything on the net

C829930-63.jpg

regards

kevin

Garrett

He's going to have one hell of a job cutting a theard with a die as the wrench will not be able to rotate within 40mm. but you can buy die nuts which is a die within an hexagon and you use a spanner to cut the threads, but if you do use a die use a cutting oil.

Does the original poster want the thread part added to the existing thread, rather than cutting more thread on the one already there?

Garrett

kevandalice said:
in a word, yes
Yes I though so, the other poster was thinking you wanted more thread futher down into the U.

lynx

Uridium has hit the nail on the head. Run a die up each leg, it will be a standard metric size and it's easy to do_Only thing to check is the thread pitch, just run the die up the thread to check.

Edit: I've just noticed you want longer length so forget the above. oops.

Chris Muriel

Distinguished Member
You can buy straight threaded bar in metre lengths with various diameters and threads; these can be carefully bent to make your own U-shaped piece.
I have done this for custom antenna brackets for various unusual satellite dishes as well as homebrew ham radio microwave antennas.

Chris Muriel, Manchester

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Samsung TV Launch & QN95A Neo QLED Review, plus Film & TV news & Reviews
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom