1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

U-571 on Toshiba's

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by Ron240, Feb 17, 2002.

1. Ron240

Ron240

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +442
    While i am waiting for this disc(DTS) to arrive i would appreciate any advance warning.I have a Toshiba 32ZDO9B that suffers slightly from the "lighter sides" like the ZP18's.I am wondering,as most of the film is shot in darkness,does it look bad on the affected Toshiba's?

2. Markster

Markster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have this film, superb film. I also 'had' the toshiba 36zp18.
    Not sure how the brghter edges are on the 32ZDO9B but on the 36ZP18 they are extremely noticeable.

Although as you say the "film is shot in darkness"
    There is therefore quite a bit of noticeable side brightness with this particular film. (down in the sub)

FYI: Although i liked my tosh, I decided brighter sides were not the norm and decided to swap it for another make that didn't suffer from this problem.
    I did Persevere with the set for 6 months but in the end found myself looking more at the brighter edges than i did the film and i knew my constantly looking for these edges wasn't going to change so unfortunately i decided i 'had to' swap it.

Try not to look for the brightness, enjoy the film its a great film and the overall picture quality of the film is superb as well. I usually use this film when demoing my setup to people.

3. Ron240

Ron240

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +442
    I agree with what you say about trying not to look for the brightness but i am probably much like you in that once i know a problem exists i cannot help but look for it all the time.In saying that,from reading about peoples problems with the ZP18's i dont think my model is quite as bad,its only really noticable down the left hand side.U-571 will be my first predominantly dark film so i will just have to wait and judge for myself.If the DTS soundtrack is as good as they say then it will go a great deal towards making up for any other problems :)