U-571 Blu Ray (UK vs US version)

marcaaron22

Prominent Member
Reaction score
I have read that the US version is better as it has the DTS HD MA, is this true?
Is the US version Blu Ray region free? (As I only have a region B player)
I am trying to find a US version (preferably from a UK seller)

Thanks in advance,

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
Are there any other 'UBoat' type movies with good surround sound?

Some of my favourite submarine movies are K19 Widowmaker, The Hunt for Red October, Phantom, Black Sea.

Don't forget Crimson Tide.

And Below (2002)

Rewind @ www.dvdcompare.net - U-571 (Blu-ray) (2000)It is just like Yanks do there verson of the second world war it won again on its OWN!! It was The BRITISH NAVY WHO GOT THE NAVY CODE OF THE EMGIA MACHINE and saved the crew as well why oh why do people buy this American lying crap. we even told the american admiral and his navy we had broken the code and the german navy where sending Submarines to attack the east code He did not take any notice of us because he did not like the British!! and when the Kriegsmarine attack coney Island was lit up like a Christmas tree. and a load of American sailors died because a American Admiral ignored info From Bletchley Park. I bet they do not make a film of that .People who buy this crap are going to watch Lies Lies and more lies all the way though

I
81Kazs0vDIL.jpg

I see this is getting a rerelease in Germany this week never actually seen it www.studiocanal.de/blu-ray/u-571-blu-ray

Having enjoyed Hunter Killer I'm watching submarine films at the moment :D

Jon Bon Jovi? Hopefully that's not as bad as it sounds.

i ordered this from amazon.de.
then i cancelled it.
why the hell aren't studiocanal releasing to 4k disc ? they've done 4k releases.
this film is exactly the kind of thing you'd expect to be released on 4k.
big pass from me.

Could be StudioCanal only own limited local rights and materials I think this is one of the titles entangled in the old Vivendi-Universal catalogue.

They've obviously been digging around skips with those ancient extras most seem to have been on the old EIV DVD.

I'm assuming the recent German release is NOT English friendly in terms of the subtitles in the movie???

I never gave it any thought TBH. I may delay buying it.

Found another new submarine film Kursk www.rarewaves.com/collections/blu-ray-offers/products/5060262857861-kursk-the-last-mission-pka-kursk

Released as errr.. The Command in Merka www.blu-ray.com/movies/The-Command-Blu-ray/248716/#Review

Name changes never bode well (and I like my wells to bode) but I'll give it a spin just on the good cast.

Yes, I'm fairly sure there is plenty of German dialogue with subtitles in the movie. These probably wouldn't be present on the German disc. A problem if you don't understand fluent German :)

Picked up the USA Universal release (plays in the UK) looks not too bad but not amazing. Looking back at these old Blu-rays I think I have an eye at UHD quailty now).

Also got the UK DVD for £1.00 for the extras as I think the US Blu-ray has that horrible U-Control® stuff where the extras are PIP only or something.

Anyhoo, it'll do for my first viewing as I don't think I've seen this.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom