• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

TZ5 alternatives?

drb5

Having had to free up some money, i've sold my 40D, but with a wedding coming up and missing having a decent camera, i'm looking for a small digital to take some properish pics with.

After hunting about through the threads, the TZ5 and G9 seem tops, but are there alternatives out there, that mayve aren't quite as expensive? Even secondhand bargains i wouldn't dismiss, like older models as such?

sonygeek84

Standard Member
Weekend before last I went down to Devon and visited the moors, took my dads Casio Exilim EX-Z1080 with us. Its a 10megapixel camera so it gave some great shots, havent uploaded them yet but heres the waterfall we went to. The zoom was pretty sweet and the viewfinder on the back was perfect even in sunlight. Its not the latest compact camera so you can get it for around £110 at MyMemory.com.

gingaman

What about the Canon SX110, not many reviews yet but one here
Same 10x zoom as the TZ5 but starts at 36mm, but it has manual controls if that's important and < £200.

drb5

Thanks guys.

Canon is probably a bit big, as the other half will be looking to use it too and she was never a fan of the bulky DSLR's. :D

Will have a sift through some reviews of the Casio.:smashin:

drb5

Well apologies, but i ended up giving in and getting the TZ5. :D

Just couldn't find something with the same spec, in a small body for the right price.

Only tried a couple pics so far, but happy enough for now. :)

P1000005.jpg

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom