TZ Owners Photo Comp - "TECHNOLOGY" - All members voting from 6pm Saturday

CFC1

The theme for this week's TZ Owners photo comp is "TECHNOLOGY".

PICTURE ENTRIES ONLY ON THIS THREAD PLEASE UNTIL 6PM SATURDAY ... Thereafter any comments will be welcome!

All entries are required to be "OOC" - Out Of Camera with no cropping or Post Processing applied - other than rotation through 90 degrees for portrait/landscape purposes of course. All pictures must be taken within the week of the competition.

We welcome, and indeed, encourage all AVF users - not just TZ camera owners, to vote for their preferred entry by clicking the "Thanks" button for that post after the submissions deadline on Saturday evenings at 6pm. ...and all TZ owners are cordially invited to participate either by submitting their own entries or failing that, by voting.

Please note that entries must be in by 6pm on SATURDAY 28th July. Voting will then commence and close 24 hours later, at 6pm on SUNDAY 29th July.

topgazza

Distinguished Member

shotokan101

Distinguished Member
Not the shot I had planned but thought I'd better enter one this week....

"Sky - High Technology...."

Jim

Prize78

CFC1

THAT'S IT FOLKS! ... TIME'S UP FOR SUBMISSIONS TO THIS WEEKS' MINICOMP

VOTING IS NOW OPEN TO ALL AND WILL FINISH AT 6pm TOMORROW (SUNDAY)

IF YOU'VE BOTHERED TO LOOK AT THE PICS, PLEASE VOTE TOO!

TO VOTE, SIMPLY HIT THE "THANKS" BUTTON ON THE POST OF YOUR CHOICE.

:)

topgazza

Distinguished Member
Goso for me. I just skimmed through the pics until one said "Technology" and a nicely composed shot...

debs and prize were close but in many ways a tricky subject depending on your interpretation....

topgazza

Distinguished Member
It actually said "Chav"..... but perhaps that was a subliminal message on the screen :eek::devil::rotfl:

kipsterNo1

I think we all tried to take a different take on the theme this week. Other than S.DJ's none of the shots screened technology so I've gone for what I thought was the best photo, Gazza's. I did also like the idea that it was something that hasn't been improved on for years.

topgazza

Distinguished Member
Have you been talking to Jim's wife ? Although I don't thinks she's referring to photography.... ? :blush:

Thanks Kip .... :thumbsup:

shotokan101

Distinguished Member
Jason for me - anyone who's brave enough to admit publicly to being one of the 7 guys who actually bought a Sinclair Spectrum ZX +2 back in the day and now realises it is only worth P!shing on and yet still has the sense to Like Calvin and Hobbs - but more money than sense in owning an iPad deserves my vote ;)

Jim

soggs

Well I didn't manage to get a shot in this week, too many nappies and visitors to deal with to get something done in time but I'll definitely make an effort for next week.

Anyway it's Nick for me this week, nicely taken shot and spot on theme :thumbsup:

jason7579

Jason for me - anyone who's brave enough to admit publicly to being one of the 7 guys who actually bought a Sinclair Spectrum ZX +2 back in the day and now realises it is only worth P!shing on and yet still has the sense to Like Calvin and Hobbs - but more money than sense in owning an iPad deserves my vote ;)

Jim
I didn't think it was as many as 7. Could have been worse I threw my 48k away and I never owned a zx81.

Thanks for the vote :smashin:

Sdj for me as it screams technology most to me.

topgazza

Distinguished Member
Thanks....... I think..... :blush::thumbsup:

topgazza

Distinguished Member
Comp is now closed and with a winner in Prize78 with this excellent take on the theme "TECHNOLOGY"

Unfortunately the prizes this week were going to be a new top of the range Microsoft Xbox360, Windows 8 Smartphone and a 3 week all expenses paid trip to Redmond all donated by Microsoft but when they saw the winning picture they told me to "go do one"...

So in fitting with the countries current austerity measures Prize will have to just accept our congratulations and a look at the cabinet where his trophy would have resided

Result as follows

Prize78 ....................4
topgazza................. 3
Omegadiy................ 2
Jason7579............... 1
S.DJ....................... 1
goso....................... 1
debs22.................... 0
KipsterNo1............... 0
Shotokan101............ 0
CFC1...................... 0

So the Shat Hat

....goes to

debs 22 (not fair), Kipster, Shotokan101...and CFC1

Good number of entries and votes this week so thanks to all and to all that viewed the pictures and enjoyed our Olympics beating competition....

Next theme by 21.00 please .....

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Best Hi-Fi products of 2020, Plus Best of the Month for TV Shows & Movies

Latest News

What's new on Sky and NOW TV UK for December 2020
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
PS5 vs. Xbox Series X: Which Next-Gen Console is Best?
  • By Rik Henderson
  • Published
Black Friday 2020: Best UK deals currently available
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
AVForums Podcast: 25th November 2020
  • By Phil Hinton
  • Published
Top Bottom