TZ Owners Photo Comp - "Flowers" - All members voting from 6pm Saturday

topgazza

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The theme for this week's TZ Owners photo comp is "Flowers".

PICTURE ENTRIES ONLY ON THIS THREAD PLEASE UNTIL 6PM SATURDAY ... Thereafter any comments will be welcome!

All entries are required to be "OOC" - Out Of Camera with no cropping or Post Processing applied - other than rotation through 90 degrees for portrait/landscape purposes of course. All pictures must be taken within the week of the competition.

We welcome, and indeed, encourage all AVF users - not just TZ camera owners, to vote for their preferred entry by clicking the "Thanks" button for that post after the submissions deadline on Saturday evenings at 6pm. ...and all TZ owners are cordially invited to participate either by submitting their own entries or failing that, by voting.

Please note that entries must be in by 6pm on SATURDAY 4th May. Voting will then commence and close 24 hours later, at 6pm on SUNDAY 5th May.

Best I can manage - shooting blind with TZ - no screen :suicide: - don't even know what the camera settings were - FWIW the actual Orchid is Pink NOT Purple :eek:

Backlit the flower with a cheapo LED lamp.

P-700Wide-1100162_zpsfcf12ccc.jpg

JIm

Last edited:
:hiya: Hello, it's me! I've not entered anything for a very long time. I haven't used the TZ in a very long time either. Still, it's an entry....of sorts...not a patch on some of the shots this week...:(

P1040840.jpg by BubbleDouble, on Flickr

Darren

As, whatever his name was, is not "bovvered" I'll close again

THAT'S IT FOLKS! ... TIME'S UP FOR SUBMISSIONS TO THIS WEEKS' MINICOMP

VOTING IS NOW OPEN TO ALL AND WILL FINISH AT 6pm TOMORROW (SUNDAY)

IF YOU'VE JUST ENJOYED LOOKING AT THE PICS, PLEASE VOTE TOO!

TO VOTE, SIMPLY HIT THE "THANKS" BUTTON ON YOUR CHOICE.

Have to say some stunning shots this week. Back to showing what this little camera can do.....

And welcome back Darren. Nice effort as well

For me it was between GC, Omega and Goso.. Goso got my vote :smashin:

Damn its hard but yes, debs, goso, GC and definitely Jim but I did go for the simplicity in Domino's with the lovely shadows, composition and great smooth background.

but no one should feel disappointed in that batch. Great effort allround

I think the specific subject helped a lot. As people can concentrate on taking an interesting shot rather than try to think of a subject first then the shot on the more general titles. Good week and I've enjoyed everyshot

Really hard choice this week but went for GC in the end :)

Thanks to Jim for the vote and the honorable mentions, and Darren for his comments on my flickr.

My vote, as already mentioned, was a tough one as the standard has been so high this week. Darrens is a lovely lit shot, but it was pipped at the post by gosso's shot. It's the half lit foreground flower that nailed it for me.

But well done all.

Cheers for the vote Goso :)

Really enjoyed the theme this week, as has been said it's much easier when you have a specific subject to concentrate on.

My vote is for Goso this week, liked the shot when I saw it on your Flickr feed earlier in the week :thumbsup:

I can announce that this weeks minicomp winner is ... Goso with his 'they call him mellow yellow' shot,

8701817399_7e7f55410d_z.jpg

So Goso gets the trophy

winner.png

and a bonus prize of a pint of

images

(to be collected at Calvin's local)

Miserable recipients of the Shat Hat this week are: ... Kipsterno1, Shotokan101, Debs22 and Topgazza

shathat.jpg

For the record the voting finished,

Goso 6

Omegadiy 4

Soggs 1

Domino1999 1

GaseousClay 1

the rest 0

Thanks goes to all the entrants for making it another excellent and competitive compo ... keep at it. And to CFC1 (who?), bodoman and rugosalipid for voting. (hope to see you guys in next week!) ... and thanks to everyone else for looking!

It was a very close one this week and hard to dish out the hats as there wasn't a bad shot entered :thumbsup:

Well done Trev will you please announce the next challenging theme by 9pm.

Many thanks for the votes :smashin:........right another easy theme then :rolleyes:.......They are all around us, all shapes & sizes & colours ......
..............See who can take the best shot of a " BIRD " :) enjoy.

Trev.

:facepalm: of the feathered type of course.

Thanks for doing that kip...I thought the milking of the bull, your favourite job, had been delayed. Nice job goso lovely sharpness and perspective on that shot.

congrats. Trev :)

The Bulls been milked Sir and I'm just about to shove the Ram in his pen.

Congrats Trev. I hope you have that Robin on a retainer as they were cracking shots. :smashin:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom