1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Typical Speakers needing WAF problem

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by cR4cKF0x 5TevE, Nov 18, 2004.

1. cR4cKF0x 5TevE

cR4cKF0x 5TevE

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +331
    Here we go: another WAF issue.

I have a set of KEF Q speakers at the moment (Q35 floorstanders as fronts, Q95 centre, and Q15s used as rear surrounds) in Black (subwoofer is a JAMO E8Sub.2 in Beech, which is downward firing so I have hidden it behind one sofa).

Girlfriend has convinced me to completelty revamp the living room and move to wooden floors, new furnishings, the works.

Now that is all done, I've been told that we need to 'change' the speakers for something in beech (or similar). Surprisingly, I've not been 'advised' to downgrade in terms of size, the only criterion is a change of colour.

Can anyone recommend a set of suitable speakers that will be comparable to my KEF setup?

Thanks in advance

2. cR4cKF0x 5TevE

cR4cKF0x 5TevE

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +331
    Anyone got experience of Harbeth speakers? Guy at work has suggested he may be a source for some.

3. recruit

recruit

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I Think Matt_F Forum member has those speakers!!!

John

4. Hawklord

Hawklord

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +267
    Linn Katans, Trikan and Ninka's are wonerfully finished speakers that sound fantastic too and are available in beech finish. Not sure if their within your budget though but this would be a good opertune moment to upgrade to possibly a better speaker package;) (without let the wife know the cost lol). These speakers are great for movies and exceptional for music imo. Worth an audition at least:)