Types of multiregion upgrades

Ged

I have just had my Sony NS900 made multi region after 8 months from Sound and Vision, it wasn't chipped , does any one know of how well their mods work?
Plays Fifth Element superbit R1 ok

groundy

Standard Member
Not all DVD Players need hardware chipping. In many cases, a software patch will do the trick and function just as good.

I wouldn't worry about it if I were you. The only problem discs are RCE titles so you might want to try one of those.

Ged

I thought Fifth Element R1 superbit was RCE, are software patches as good as chipping?
Thanks Ged.

B

bob007

Don't think there's a lot of difference between them if any, both seem to get around playing multiregion and RCE discs, and the players that use remote hacks work just as well.

M

markbuffyfan

firmware (software updates) changes are better than mods becuase you continue to enjoy the benefit if the warranty as more often then not they are unofficial discs produced by the company who made the dvd.

who do u blame if u have a fault on the player and its been modded. ??? Look at the denon thread 3800 you would hardly catch anyone modding with a chip within the warranty period even though the mods are out there to do it.

Midge

If I buy a Panasonic All in One, as region 2, does anyone know if this would need to be chipped, or a firmware (??) update to be made multi region? Also how much is this likely to cost, and would a local Panasonic dealer do this, or would I need to elsewhere to get the machine modified?

Midge

It's a SC-DT100. I've read elsewhere that Panasonics cannot be hacked via the remote so this is why I'm asking.

Thanks

Midge

Thanks v much.

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung QN95B 4K QLED TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom