• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Type of LNB installed when upgrading to HD

lozfuller

Standard Member
Hi,

I currently have just standard Sky and am going to upgrade to Sky HD and at the same time have multiroom. Will the engineer automatically swap my existing LNB (which I assume is a single, since I don't currently have Sky+/HD/Multiroom) to a quad LNB, but use the existing dish?

If so, does using what is already a fairly small dish weaken the signal by splitting it into 4 feeds? Is it better to install a larger dish at the same time?

Also, I assume 2 feeds will be used for the new HD box and 1 for my existing box and therefore I will have 1 feed to play with if I wanted to connect this to a further freesat box?

Finally, am I mad having Sky HD now, with all the problems with lip sync and box failures - am I best waiting for things to settle down? It's difficult to guage from the forums whether the problems are affecting 1%, 5% or 50% of customers!

Thanks

The latest video from AVForums

Hisense U7H TV and T+A Solitaire T headphone reviews, AV/HiFi news plus, what is screen uniformity?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom