1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TY-42TM4YB - help needed!

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs Forum' started by jcb69, Jun 7, 2004.

1. jcb69

jcb69

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm new to this plasma game (but a long time home cinema buff) and am just thinking of purchasing a Panny TH42PW6 having read all the good feedback on these forums.

I need some help as a total plasma novice though - can anyone tell me whether the TY-42TM4YB BNC terminal board would work on the PW6? I know it's designed for the PW5, but I would have thought that a connector is a connector. I'd like to have component connections so that I can link my Denon AVC-A10SE amp, and I have the opportunity to get a cheap TH-42TM4Y butI know that the correct one is the TH-42TM6Y (although whatever happened to the TM5Y!!!).

Any advice from you more experienced forum members would be very gratefully received!

Much obliged,

Craig

2. MAW

MAW
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +411
    Sorry it's a no go, the physical form is different, let alone the electronics.

3. jcb69

jcb69

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Bugger! Thought I'd found myself a cheap option there! Thanks for the prompt response though.

Looks like I'll have to stop being a cheapskate and pay full whack for once.

(I would have gone for the excellent deal from AV-Sales, but I'm afraid it's the wife friendly silver version for me)