1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TX3PD50 pitcure quality

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by Meeko, May 11, 2005.

1. Meeko

Meeko

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    I am debating whether to get my set swapped or at least re-calibrated. The picture is always milky, regardless of settings. The four corners are always much paler that the rest and down the middle and the right hand of the screen is a lot of noise. It looks like the middle and right hand side are darker, especially when displaying solid black or blue.

I have an IXOS XHT601 cable connected thet set to my Sky+ in RGB mode. Wven terrestrial is not very good.

Any thoughts?

2. Tight Git

Tight Git

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +597
    Meeko,

What you describe is certainly not right!

My very similar 36PD30 is nigh on perfect, and I consider myself very fussy, having spent 30 years monitoring a broadcast picture.

(I also use the excellent Ixos XHT601 with RGB from a Panny Digibox.)

If you have no other issues, perhaps a re-calibration is the answer.

(You might have a problem swapping, as PD50's seem to be getting rare.)

Good luck. :thumbsup:

3. Meeko

Meeko

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    I've spoken to Panasonic, who beleive this may be a convergence error. They recommend me calling the supplier and asking for a replacement as it's less than a month old.

I paused a solid blue background (from Sky menus) using the still feature and could see a band of darker blue pixels down the middle and right edge. From a distance this looks like the dark bands I mentioned. I'm sure that's not right.

On solid blacks there is definite lighter areas toward each corner (about 2" into the screen from the very corner). Am I being fussy? But this seems to be very wrong...

Cheers,

Meeko

4. Tight Git

Tight Git

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +597
    Meeko,

You probably are being fussy, in the sense that most people wouldn't notice it.

But it's still wrong (mine doesn't do it) so having paid all that money, better get it fixed! :devil:

5. Golfpunk

Golfpunk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    My father in laws PD30 does this but my PD50 is fine - almost exactly the same symptoms. He doesn't notice it though and I as sure as hell ain't going to tell him. :rolleyes:

No interference on the scart run is there - power cables etc...?????

6. Meeko

Meeko

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    I'll try and reroute the scarts away from the power cables. The Scarts are XHT 601, which I thought would be very good at reflecting any interferance.
    Sometimes on black backgrounds where these "dark patches" are, you can see horizontal white lines shimmering.

I'll keep you updated.