1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TX32PL1vPL10

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by btuckey, May 26, 2002.

1. btuckey

btuckey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Having spent this afternoon dragging around the shops in the rain, :( I was amazed to note that the Panasonic consistantly looked best. Has anybody a view on whether the PL10 is better than the PL1? The PL1 gets a good review in the mags this month.

Also, has anybody had a bad experience with Empiredirect as they are offering the PL1 at £684 against Currys' £999!!!

Brian

2. jag

jag

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Isn't the difference that the PL1 is 50Hz whilst the PL10 is 100Hz?

Did you notice any difference in picture?

I too have noticed EmpireDirects price and it seems almost too good. Could be a grey import.

3. btuckey

btuckey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks Jag. Yes, the PL1 is 50Hz and the PL10 is 100Hz.

Today was the first time that I have been able to compare the two side by side. I was interested because whilst 100Hz has generally been well received on this forum, the PL10 has taken a panning. Interestingly, Debenhams have stopped stocking the PL10. Slow sales? The 100Hz set looked better but it was impossible to see any artefacts as the store could not connect up a decent programme source! (And they wonder why we buy online!)

Brian

4. jag

jag

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thats the problem really. You have to live with a tv before you find out where the problems, if any, are going to be.

Thats the point of fourms like these where the buyer can hopefully gain useful information from owners before purchasing.

5. rimmers

rimmers

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    I got my TX32PB50 from Empire direct for £1231 which at the time was a saving of £370 approx.

The retailer is very good and if you have a problem within 28 days they will refund or exchange the TV with no questions asked.

After that it will be repaired.

They do not sell grey imports, all products are UK models

Neil

6. Steve Bell

Steve Bell

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ive had a couple of TV's and a video from Empire Direct. No problems at all. The last TV was delivered before I went to work at 7am. Great stuff. Recommended.

7. jag

jag

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    So has anyone here actually purchased the Panasonic TX32PL1?

8. cjy

cjy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've been considering which set to buy for some time now and after scanning this forum, I've finally plumped for the 32PL10 from EmpireDirect at £761 + delivery. It's due to arrive next week, and so will advise on any issues I encounter.

I note that the 32PLnn Pannys are starting to move to a single shelf stand now, and so have gone for it now to get the dual shelf version so I can site both a KEF centre speaker and a VCR under the TV.

CJY

9. jag

jag

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well I've gone and ordered the TX32PL1 from Currys for £900. I know you can get it for at least £150 cheaper but I needed the security and ease of a high street store. Hopefully it will arrive in time for the Argie match (not necessarily a good thing if our performance is anything like today's :mad: )

I'll keep you posted.

10. btuckey

btuckey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    An update. Following my call to John Lewis in Southampton on Tuesday, I received a letter from Customer Services today.

Quote: Thank you for recently letting us know that Panasonic TX32PL10 is being offered at Sound & Vision for £710.00 compared with £1,095.00 at John Lewis Southampton. We have checked the information you have given us and found that Sound & Vision are charging £790.00. I understand that you have not yet made your purchase but when you do you will be charged this lower price. End quote.

Well, good on JL. The difference is probably S&V's delivery charge. Unfortunately, I have now decided to purchase the Philips 32PW9527. So come Wednesday morning.....