TX32PD50 horz flickering?

petencl

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

Anyone else with a Panny PD50 getting faint horizontal flickering (almost like black lines)? It seems to alter depending on the brightness of the picture on screen at any time.

I first thought it was the Amstrad Sky+ we've got which is notorious for flickery output but i'm also seeing it on DVD playback.

Altering the scanning mode doesn't seem to make any difference.

If it's fixable in the service menu all the better as otherwise we love the TV.

Cheers,
Pete

Yep me too. I was/am wondering whats going on. Only noticed this last night. Thinking it might be my Sony Freeview box but never noticed the problem on my Sony TV. Only had the set a few weeks. May well have been there from day 1 but only just noticed. However unlike you I can't ( I don't think) see it via *scarted* DVD.

Seems to be on ALL scart i/p's (RGB/S-video). I'm wondering if this is related to the noise problem on RGB i/p's that's been mentioned in some other panny threads.

Thanks for the reply, was going to give this a go but I can't see an option called DVCO in the service menu anywhere.. assuming i'm using it right!

Whats the route I need to take to get there?

Mystified myself as it appears the predecessor pd30 and many other panny's had this function.

Just done some extensive googling and came up with nowt :( AH well if I can't get it sorted I'll be calling Hughes soon maybe for a replacement.

I´m away om hols in Denmark so can't confirm but I'm sure it was the DVCO setting - wouldn't be hard to search on this av forum or on yahoo or google - althoughyour model does seem to be the first one to decline in features as I would assume will be the trend to allow for further growth for Plasma and LCD models.

Searched the AVForum and it does appear to be the DVCO setting but the Service menu on the PD50 seems to omit 3 options after the Sub bright setting where these would normally show. Although I'm pretty sure there were some other options there that were not mentioned like SDRAM-F ! Sounds more like computer talk to me :)

Recieved e-mail to the condition today and they recommended a fully screened SCART lead (which I was using!). Doubtful of thier remedy it got me into action of Scart leads anyway.

Using QED Scarts all fully wired and screened I went about checking them, to the point of opening the shells and checking the wiring. All checked out ok but thought I'd try another and oddly although identical another lead seems to provide an improvement, both 1M length and a shorter 0.5M length seems even better.

Can't explain why right now although noise could be less on the shorter lead.

Will report back with a update after I've had a few hours more of TV watching and Scart changing.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom