Tx32pb50

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by romored5, Oct 29, 2001.

1. romored5

romored5

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm thinking of buying this set

does anybody have any opinions ?

does it come with a stand as the panasonic web site show it with no stand but comet online (diff p/n- TX32PB50C) shows it with one ?

2. rimmers

rimmers

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Apart from a slight hum its a great set.

Yes it does come with a stand.

Neil

3. Colger

Colger

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Agreed, the stand is included and I must admit it is one of the best looking widescreen sets around IMHO.
    If you get one without the hum - and mine doesn't have the hum and the picture is set up correctly for PAL and NTSC, it is excellent.

4. rimmers

rimmers

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    If you turn the set right down to the last notch
    is there no hum at all.

I had an engineer out last Saturday who reduced the hum
    a bit but its still there. I'll call them out again (this will be the
    6th time)

Neil

5. Colger

Colger

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If you turn the sound right down and put your ear to the rear of the set there is a very slight buzz - I stress, very slight, and that is normal with most electrical applicances. As for a hum - totally absent even with your ear up against either of the speakers.
    I think it is important to ensure that the engineers have been Panasonic trained on this particular chassis (Euro7, I believe)
    With reference to moire' patterning, I have read on this forum of engineers defocussing the beam to eleminate the moire' patterning. Obviously this affects the clarity of the picture. My moire' patterning was fixed by a trained engineer via the service menu.
    My experience with 6 sets in a twelve month period is that as soon as you send for an engineer, the first thing he does is take the back off - I guess there are few that are trained on any particular chassis.
    At long last, one happy customer
    GerryC

6. Tel boy

Tel boy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    How’s the geometry (if that’s the correct term) on your set.
    I have heard a few reports that the screen has a bad bowing effect in the right hand bottom corner.
    I did notice this when looking at a display set at Comet, when the volume bar came up it appeared to bend down at the right hand side. What’s your experiences / views on this.
    Would this be “fixable” by a competent engineer / or via the engineering menu or is it there for good?
    Also,
    When is the “moire patterning” effect most noticeable as I can’t say I noticed this when viewing the TV?

Thanks Tel.