TX32LXD700/DMREX87 - Component/HDMI/Scart Connections

A

Ackieboo

Hi,

I have just purchased (after many months of deliberation!) TX32LXD700 along with DMREX87, both hopefully being collected tomorrow.
I have already downloaded the Technical and Instruction Manuals for both devices and a little confussed about the best way to connect the units together with a VCR to get the optimum quality and ease of operation.

I intend to connect the DMR using HDMI into the LXD700 which I am assuming will negate me from using the SCART or the Progressive Video Signal Outputs and will give me the best quality and operation of Viera link?

I would also like to use my Pany VCR NV-FJ630B in the system, this supports Q-Link as does the TV.
Am I better then to connect the VCR into AV2 on DVD/HDD via SCART or to the TV via SCART?

Or should I connect all the units via SCARTS and just select the HDMI output for the DVD/HDD unit? VCR AV1 to TV AV1,
VCR AV2 to DVD/HDD AV2, TV AV2 to DVD/HDD AV1, TV HDMI 1 to DVD/HDD HDMI Output.

Hope I have not bored you all - Would like to make sure I have all the relavent leads for my new package!

Any suggestions welcome.:confused:

Thanks.
Paul

A

Ackieboo

Damn & Blast - No TV Today - told shipments delayed from Panasonic - Thursday Now !
Anybody else still waiting for the elusive LXD700?!
Still looking for best connection options, anybody help?

Thanks

Paul

ShadowWarrior

Use HMDI for the DMR and Scart to AV1 for the VCR. When either is powered up the Q-Link or HMDI control should switch the TV to the source. Can't see why you want to hook them up in a daisy chain unless you were recording between VCR and DMR? In which case AV2 from VCR to Av1 on the DMR should suffice.

A

Ackieboo

Thanks for the reply Shadow Warrior, I will be transfering some Video Tapes on to the DMR then DVD, but won't say I will be doing much of that in the future.

Would like to reduce the current rats nest as much as possible with the New Setup!

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom