TX32LXD70 or the sony KDL32D3000

D

Deleted member 188495

ok, i went to my local tv shop, and they said the sony is waaay better than the "mid range" panny.

Last edited by a moderator:
as all the other threads on this subject state, there is hardly any difference between the two.

i went into john lewis and their top man said the panny 700 was better. some people say the panny has a better freeview picture, others say the sony d3000 can be taylored to your individual needs more than the panny. what hifi magazine did a showdown between the d3000, lxd700 and the new philips lcd, and the lxd700 came out on top with the philips a close second.

panny owners complain about buzzing and darker edges of the screen (mine doesn't) some sony owners complain about buzzing and clouding issues.

so, it basically just boils down to which looks the best. i thought the 700 did and am very happy with it. the d3000 owners will say the same.

have a dig around if you have the time. there's plenty of posts about this subject if you fancy it :)

as for 100hz, i prefer it as it significantly reduces blurring/ghosting. i personally have seen no picture defects or gaming defects (although others have complained about white lines on fast moving objects)

so, that's really helped you with your decision hasn't it :D don't worry, you'll enjoy either one you pick.

oh and btw, the 70 and the 700 are the same screen. 700 has better speakers and an extra hdmi as well as pip, pap, pop, pup, plop and parp (or whatever it is...)

i cant see the difference i should get the d3000 just because a guy in the shop said so.

should i go view the tv at a shop before i buy it online or go to JL?

Trust your own eyes & judgement. Definitely view both sets & make up your own mind. Both sets have their merits, so you won't be about to make a catastrophic mistake whichever one you choose.

he doesnt have the tv, nor has be ever seen it.

i want to get it from John Lewis but he said the warranty with them is rubbish, as it doesnt cover the panel, just the parts. is this true?

I wouldn't trust your local salesman or shop in his store. It sounds like he will tell you anything to sell you the TV he stocks!

JL are fine - there are quite a few cases of people on these forums getting their broken TVs swapped out with new models 4-5 years down the line.

plus is there any point going for 100hz?

In theory 100Hz is well worth having for the improvement in motion handling. D3000 & LXD70 are both 100Hz & both are considered to be good for fast motion images like football.

I'm not sure if it's really down to 100Hz or just other general improvements in the LCD technology, but it really doesn't matter. The important thing is that the image is good. If you like it, buy it!

If fast motion handling is a high priority for you then you should compare the plasma screens too. The 37" Panasonic PX70 is the closest equivalent (because you can't get plasma screens at sizes below 37")

Thank you, i think i may just get the panny lxd70, if it has the same screen as the 700, and i have some 5.1 speakers, so it seems all good to me.

Plus i think the guy at the shop just loves sony, and wants me to pay 1000 pounds for the d3000 at his store.

plus i like the idea of saving a 100 pounds, rather than getting the sony just because some guy said so.

Plus the guy at the shop said what hi-fi magazine is rubbish :confused:

Another thing i dont understand is that plasma is better than LCD in nearly every way, then why am i buying a LCD. the only down fall is it is not as good in bright light, and i can buy some black curtains for my room. sorted

At least he knows he is not getting my money :D

As said above, NEVER trust what some one tells you, the panels vary so much that it really is down to personal choice and I trust JL and I brought my 32LXD70 from them with a 5 year warranty fine.
I get the white lines on the screen and am unsure weather to change it or not? It happens on some fast moving objects even on Sky HD but it's not all the time so it beats me. But if you turn the sharpness down they disappear.

so the best idea is to go see the tvs at JL, and make my own assumptions.

From my own experiance of buying a LCD telly yes that is the best way to do it plus JL put me under NO pressure at all to buy, in fact I took my Xbox 360 along to JL and they happily let me try it on several screens and then walk out the store to make my mind up as to which to buy if any.
The best service I've seen.

hmm really, as i was thinking of bring my archos 504 along and hooking it up to the tv, see what the quality is like as my archos can do 567 by 768 or dvd. and as i can just copy all my videos i will pay from my pc to the archos, i can hook it up and see how it looks. seems sweet to me!

Plus i think the guy at the shop just loves sony, and wants me to pay 1000 pounds for the d3000 at his store.

plus i like the idea of saving a 100 pounds, rather than getting the sony just because some guy said so.

from that statement it seems you are content at purchasing the panny at £900!!!!

shop around and get john lewis to price match (sound & vision, rgb direct etc)

you shouldn't be paying much more than £625.00 including your jl 5yr warranty.

check out the "panasonic 70 series" thread and you'll see numerous bargains people have snapped up in the last few weeks (some price matched by jl)

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom