TX32LXD52/TX32LXD500 Optimun Settings

RyanK

Right come on, has anyone found the optimum settings for SKY+ Via RGB Scart and DVD Via Progressive Scan Component.

If so post them here. :lease: :smashin:

JerryU

Standard Member
Sorry I'm digressing here, RyanK, but wonder if you can share an opinion with me. I recently got a TX32LXD52 and am generally delighted with it. One thing I notice, though, is that it is quite sensitive to horizontal viewing angles - watching off to one side by even 15/20 degrees produces a noticeably lighter (brighter) image compared with viewing directly opposite the screen. Do you experience the same thing with your 52?

One reason I ask is that on my other LCD screens, the contrast/brightness variation is much more noticeable in the vertical plane, not the horizontal. It just seems a bit strange.

Re your original question: I'm not sure what settings you're referring to, but I've got my Sony RDRHXD710 DVD recorder hooked up via component with progressive scan and results are excellent. For picture settings on the TV I've selected Normal viewing mode and colour balance, colour management On, and contrast and brightness adjusted to taste. Job's right.

If you're talking about other settings, please let us know.

B

bobdisco

Ryan, you mentioned Sky RGB. I have a Panasonic DVD Recorder and I am planning to
put the Sky RGB into the dvd recorder and then output in progressive component from the recorder to the tv (lxd52)

Does anyone know if this is possible?

Sorry to go off thread a bit but would be really useful to know if this is possible?

J

Jonti

Yes, that's possible. I originally had mine set up like that, but had to change it as the signal is not processed when the DVD Recorder is in standby mode!

RyanK

bobdisco said:
Ryan, you mentioned Sky RGB. I have a Panasonic DVD Recorder and I am planning to
put the Sky RGB into the dvd recorder and then output in progressive component from the recorder to the tv (lxd52)

Does anyone know if this is possible?

Sorry to go off thread a bit but would be really useful to know if this is possible?
it`s is posible but i wouldn`t do it.

i did this hook up yesterday to copy some music videos from my Sky+ to DVD. I got nothing but interference and images from other channels coming through.

I would only do this as a tempory set up if/when you want to copy to dvd, otherwise just plug your RGB scart directly to your TV

Trending threads

Top Bottom