TX32LXD500 - Component connection trouble

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs Forum' started by simonio, Nov 1, 2005.

Tags:
  1. simonio

simonio
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Guys

Just bought myself some component leads for the first time to try and get the best out of my TX32LXD500 and dvd player DMRES10. Connected them as per the colours and put in my stereo leads for the sound. However, I get sound and get a picture, but the pic is black and white! Anyone know what I should be doing or checking to resolve this? Could it be the cable? The dvd player or heaven forbid my spanking new tv?

Any help would be appreciated
    Thanks
    Simonio

2. smallmanongn

smallmanongn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Is the lead the right way round,if it is directional,is component turned on in the DVD set up menu?
    On the Samsung I had a while back the component connections were confusing to say the least at first glance,the blue and green phonos that you would think were for the component connection were for the audio input and the component actually connected to something like two red and one black phonos

3. simonio

simonio
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi smallmanongn

Thanks for the reply.

Ive had a quick look in the menus on the dvd player and changed it to component - doh- didnt realise you had to do that! I also changed the progressive setting to on - I presume thats right too!?

My lead is just the three cables - can you get them the wrong way round? They look exactly the same on both ends?

Anyway, at this present time ive now got a colour picture although first impression is that its not much better than my original scart.

Simonio

4. smallmanongn

smallmanongn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sometimes the cable will have arrows on it going a certain way,if it does the arrows should go from the source,DVD,to the TV.
    If you have used a scart with RGB component may not appear much better than it did before but at the very least it frees up a scart for use with something else :D

5. simonio

simonio
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for your help mate.

Simonio :thumbsup: