TX26LXD52 DVI-HDMI via PC possible?

@if ®afiq

I've had a good search but can't seem to find the answer for this, but can the 26" Panny accept a PC input via HDMI and is it 1:1?

(Sorry if this has been asked before, but I can't find the answer)

NeilMick

Standard Member
Also like to know this, found some posts from certain people saying they'd managed it, but others stating the HDMI socket didnt work when using a PC! :confused:

astonbilla

It will work fine - my pc picked up the panny as a hd tv and allowed various settings - it did not allow 1:1 as my graphics card does not support 1366x768.

I could tweak it with powerstrip but i am just too damnlazy.

By the way - wait till you see dvdplayback from the pc on this screen.........

Throttle

I've got it to work having pc linked to the tv but i cant get it setup right and im using a dvi-hdmi lead :thumbsdow
I have a Nvidia 6800 Gt card with a Dvi and the standard vga port ive linked the card via a cheap dvi-hdmi lead from ebay :rolleyes: to my Panasonic TX26LXD52 yet whatever resloution i choose the picture quality is never sharp and if watching videos you can see the blockness as if the resolution is low.
Im using powerstrip and it detects as 640x480 :confused: so i use the detect option in powerstrip that detects all the right settings and resolution that my tv actually is which ive saved as a driver then updating the windows driver for my tv yet still i never get a proper picture and powerstrip lists as 640x480 if move the cursor over the powerstrip icon :confused: :mad:

@if ®afiq

Throttle said:
I've got it to work having pc linked to the tv but i cant get it setup right and im using a dvi-hdmi lead :thumbsdow
I have a Nvidia 6800 Gt card with a Dvi and the standard vga port ive linked the card via a cheap dvi-hdmi lead from ebay :rolleyes: to my Panasonic TX26LXD52 yet whatever resloution i choose the picture quality is never sharp and if watching videos you can see the blockness as if the resolution is low.
Im using powerstrip and it detects as 640x480 :confused: so i use the detect option in powerstrip that detects all the right settings and resolution that my tv actually is which ive saved as a driver then updating the windows driver for my tv yet still i never get a proper picture and powerstrip lists as 640x480 if move the cursor over the powerstrip icon :confused: :mad:

Just received a text message from my flat mate who says it's been delivered :) (Very impressed with www.digital.point.co.uk as I ordered yesterday afternoon)

I'll be using the same as you, dvi-hdmi but with an X850XT - hopefully will have more luck.

Will post back either this evening or tomorrow.

astonbilla

don't forget to enter the picture menu and set it to wxga - otherwise it will be very fuzzy

Throttle

Hmmm still no luck i think i might try ordering a vga to hdmi lead see if that will work as im only using the tv as a monitor so i can use either the dvi or the vga port ...just atm i only have a dvi to hdmi lead :(
Also you cant select wxga can you :confused: i think you refering to the 500 model rather than 52 :rolleyes:

Whatever screen resolution i choose powerstrip always seems to list as 640x480 when i move the cursor over its icon so im gonna just try a vga to hdmi lead and hope that works :(

Throttle

Ah well thanks for that info saves me looking for one i suppose :rolleyes:
Looks like im still stuck with how get powerstrip setup right though :rolleyes:

NeilMick

Standard Member
Maybe you could try one of the leads that they mention in the thread i posted a link for, DVI-D to HDMI, which might work as its only letting the digital signal through, compared to a normal DVI to HDMI lead which lets both the digital and analogue signal through, which apparently makes TV's and PC's uncompatible.

Throttle

Cheers i never really took a great deal of notice of different variety of dvi leads i'll have to check its a dvi and not a dvi-d before i order and try that out :smashin:

@if ®afiq

Right...I've finally got home and hooked up the PC. I have set the res on the PC to 1280x720 - but it looks like it has overscanned? as the top and bottom of the picture is being cut-off.

If I set the res to 1368 but got a blank screen followed by a BSD from tehe ATI drivers.

Anyway, I'm gonna watch some nice HD stuff and will try again tomorrow.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Large Screen HDR TV or Projector For Home Cinema + Best of the Month
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom