TX200 refund

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by mainaman, Dec 20, 2006.

1. mainaman

mainaman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +217
    Well,my TX200 developed several problems after 200 hours and i finally sent it for a repair through my dealer in the middle of October.

More than two months later,i am still in the dark.The dealer admitted that he buys his stock from a German distributor and the faulty goods are sent to Germany.And his only contact with the service is an email.

I have been calling him every three weeks,but his basic answer is patience,it takes time.

Now,i know that Germany is not as near as the Manchester Service Centre and spares shortages may be possible,but nine weeks later, i dont know absolutely nothing,except that the projector is in Germany.

How long shall i wait and what if it finally come back with faults?Send it again?

The dealer is very polite and his service during the purchase was excellent,but i havent heard about so long repair period.

Can i ask for a refund?It is still under warranty.I will appreciate any help or suggestions.

2. Timbo21

Timbo21

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +340
    I would get in touch with trading standards to see where you stand. I think it will depend on how long you've had it. If you've clocked up 200 hours over 3 months I think it is unlikely you could get a refund. You basically have to give them the opportunity to remedy things. If you've had it under a month your case is perhaps stronger. At the very least Trading Standards will be able to get to some kind of resolution a bit faster. Maybe something like, if you can't get the pj back in the next 4 weeks then you must get a satisfactory replacement, or a refund. It's worth doing IME.

3. mainaman

mainaman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +217
    Thanks for the advice.I was also considering TS.I did 900 hours for 8 months and it developed every LCD vice i can think of:CU,VB,etc.