tx200 & convergence

Jonesey

Novice Member
I have my new tx200 and the picture has sloping edges going in on both the top sides. I can tweak this out using the digital keystone, but will this have any detrimental effect to the picture?

Thanks for info guys.

LV426

Administrator
Staff member
First - this is geometry, not convergence.
The reason it's like this is because the position of the projector isn't correct in relation to the screen.
Yes, keystone adjustment will cure it. Yes it will fractionally degrade the image. No, you probably won't notice.
But - if this projector (with which I'm not familiar) has lens shift - use that instead. Or re-work your positioning so you don't need to.

Jonesey

Novice Member
lv426

That makes sense, i have it on a high shelf, with quite a bit of vertical lens shift being used. would i be able to tilt the back of the projector slightly so that the image is 'firing' downward allowing me to reduce the lens shift?

many thanks

LV426

Administrator
Staff member
What you need, to get the image "square" is for a theoretical line extended along the axis of the lens towards the screen to be perpendicular to the plane of the screen (if you follow me).

Jonesey

Novice Member
ok, so i tie the end of the string to the baloon, and then what!

only kidding, thanks for your time and advice.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Q Acoustics Q3030i, Humax Aura, Roku Streambar & WandaVision Reviews and more...
Top Bottom