1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TX100 Review

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by PJTX100, Jan 19, 2005.

1. PJTX100

PJTX100

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +563
    Someone has produced a useful review of the TX100 on their web site which may be of interest to anyone with this unit on their shortlist...

http://www.xtremeplace.com/photo/tx100/review_tx100.htm

Don't fully agree with the strengths / weaknesses summary :

On the weaknesses:

To say SDE is visible from 2ft is inevitable, not a weakness!

No HDMI fair enough but I think you can get DVI/HDMI plug converters?

Big lens fair enough if you are into adding filters

On the strengths:

This is a bright projector by all accounts, but switch on light to normal levels and the picture is completely washed out in my experience

It is a quiet unit - I have no complaints, nor clearly has he, but I've seen enough complaints about the fan noise to know that on some units it is a problem, whether it was a bad batch I don't know

Though the particular unit reviewed may not have displayed any VB, there's more than enough chatter around to conclude that like most (all?) LCD's the TX100 does display VB, but my gut feel is that in the majority of cases (like mine) it is very minor and not distracting, and on balance it suffers less than say the 700. I've seen reports that a little factory menu tweaking may improve/remove it.

...PJ