• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

TX-SR805 and DTS MA / Dolby True HD

MickBurke

Standard Member
I'm having trouble getting my TX-SR805 to do DTS Master Audio and Dolby True HD consistently. I managed to get Dolby on a couple occasions, but then I don't get it next time. Right now I've got my Bourne Identity disc in my Sony BDPS550, connected to the TX-SR805 via HDMI and no matter what I set it to I get 2 channel, If I recall, it was either the direct or Pure Audio setting that worked before. Am I missing something here? What should the Onkyo be set to to ensure what I select on the Blu-Ray disc will be what I get out of the Onkyo? Thanks!!

thenicklouse

Established Member
i would say that you need to look at the BD settings.

Dont think i have anything special set on the Amp.

namuk

Distinguished Member
I'm having trouble getting my TX-SR805 to do DTS Master Audio and Dolby True HD consistently. I managed to get Dolby on a couple occasions, but then I don't get it next time. Right now I've got my Bourne Identity disc in my Sony BDPS550, connected to the TX-SR805 via HDMI and no matter what I set it to I get 2 channel, If I recall, it was either the direct or Pure Audio setting that worked before. Am I missing something here? What should the Onkyo be set to to ensure what I select on the Blu-Ray disc will be what I get out of the Onkyo? Thanks!!

:hiya: :)

Is HDMI monitor set to on (behind flap) and HDMI audio set to off (in setup amp settings under Hardware setup) i think it is you just need to cheak:thumbsup:, also do not use direct or pure audio this is for switching off video and display to minimize noise etc (it is good i use it my self:)) not yet any way, right select TRUEHD OR DTSAM (on disc) then behind flap push the listen modes till one of the sound formats is displayed on front panel, as i can see you have been pushing buttons:D

If this does not work push digital input (behind flap) as your player maybe not assigned with the dvd button on front of amp. then push the listen modes again:smashin:

Last edited:

MickBurke

Standard Member
Yea, there's a direct or mix setting, but I get the same out of both. I remember someone elsewhere or at least elsewhen saying that it needs to be on direct to PASS these, but I've tried both for good measure.

MickBurke

Standard Member
OK, I'll give those a look. Thanks guys...

BTW, it should Display "Dolby Tru HD" or "DTS HD MA" on the display somewhere when that's what it's getting, no?

Last edited:

namuk

Distinguished Member
OK, I'll give those a look. Thanks guys...

BTW, it should Display "Dolby Tru HD" or "DTS HD MA" on the display somewhere when that's what it's getting, no?

Yes it will display the format:) also you can press display on remote and amp to bring up more info, the player (not got the sony) i am sure you have to set it to Direct..

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom