tx-sr606 HDMI & Component switching problem

S

sync24

My 1st Gen TX-SR606 is properly mis-behaving.
Basically, it refuses to display picture/audio when switching from SKY [Set to input on HDMI4] to DVD which is my PS3 and is also refusing to switch to GAME which is my WII [Component in]

When pressing the DVD button it either says "no signal" or tries to switch but does not display any sound or picture. A hard reset of the PS3 and/or the AMP does not help, the only thing that seems to help is re assigning the HDMI port to something else and then re-assigning it back again.

The component video is just the same but I get audio but no picture.

I've tried everything I can think off, and I can get it to work once the assignments have changed but soon as I power cycle it the problem returns, this is with the settings saved and locked.

The only saving grace is SKY HD over HDMI and Optical audio which works rock solid every time.

:lease: before I take a large hammer to the amp and vow never to buy another onkyo amp again, has anyone got ANY ideas what's going on.

Here is the show stopper - this setup was working fine for about 3 or 4 months and then gradually started, 1st with component and now with the DVD switching.

TBH - I think it should go back for repair but I'm gonna need to replace it if it does.

So your help would really be appreciated.

Thanks in advance. :lease:

Last edited by a moderator:

Johnny.G

Sorry not to be able to give you the answer, but to say that i am in exactly the same boat as you. My 875 is starting to play up exactly the same and i just cannot put my finger on the culprit. My software is up to date in the 875 but i,m pretty sure after checking and double checking the set-up , it,s the hdmi handshaking night mare problem. It really does seem to be a fragile / unreliable connection system :(

Bigsteve1981

Novice Member
i have the same amp and exzactly the same problem. i took it back for repair and i am still waiting for it to come back. I think there is a serious problem with that amp and when i get it back its going on ebay!

Steve

vader100

Sounds like the HDMI handshake problem. Look on the owners thread around Sept/Oct for more details. Replaced HDMI board and working fine now.

S

sync24

i have the same amp and exzactly the same problem. i took it back for repair and i am still waiting for it to come back. I think there is a serious problem with that amp and when i get it back its going on ebay!

Steve
Steve - got mine back from repair and all is working just fine. Sold it now and replaced it with a Denon 1910 - best thing I ever did! MUCH better AMP

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Reported HDMI 2.1 bugs, Audiolab Amp & LG LED Projector reviews + Best of the Month
Top Bottom