TX-SR308 sound cutting out frequently

dfunktion

Standard Member
Hi guys,

I have read a few other forum posts bu they don't seem to relate to my issue unfortunately. Basically I have an Onkyo TX-SR308 that keeps cutting the sound out every few minutes, the cut out lasts for anything between 10 and 60 seconds and then the system clicks and it turns itself back on.

I am running my own media center pc and from that I am using an optical connection into the Onkyo. However, I have connected up the tv direct to the onkyo as well as a dvd player and each time experience the sound cut outs which leads me to believe the issue is the Onkyo not a third party device.

When the Onkyo cuts out there is no change to any symbols in the display however when the system turns the sound back on the "PCM" letters blink on and off once. This sound cut out happens no matter what sound setting the system is set on (e.g Stereo, DTS, etc).

If anyone has any advice I would very much appreciate it.

Cheers!

If anyone has any

keydogg

Have you checked your optical connections? Some poorer quality cables don't sit in the Optical Ports properly and can cause frequent drops in sound.

imrightbehindu

Standard Member
I have the same problem, and so far, I haven't been able to sort anything out. When I use my computer over HDMI, video and audio cut out for 1-2 seconds every 5 mins or so. When I use my computer with SPDIF, the audio cuts out, but less frequently, and the video is OK (because I hook the HDMI directly to my projector). I also use a blu-ray player, and the problem doesn't happen nearly as often with that. Audio and video will cut out every 15-30 mins or so, then come back. It is still very annoying and really wrong. Any help would be awesome.

Top Bottom