Question TX-P50VT30B (Panny) - 7 blinking lights - Please help

tonylee1979

Novice Member
Reaction score
Good morning all.

My Panasonic TV decided to gift me with an early Christmas present of packing up on me yesterday evening. Needless to say, I'm not particularly impressed considering the set is only 4 years old. I did the usual thing of checking online and YouTube video's for fixes, and they've all mentioned that 7 blinking lights indicates a failure on one of three PCB boards (SU, SD, SS), but I'm struggling to find any information relevant to my TV model number (especially with most sites trying to charge for the Service Manual).

Is there anyone here who could kindly let me know which PCB board I need to replace to save me having to fork out copious amounts of money? It looks like an easy fix, so would like to try this myself.

Thanks all and Merry Christmas.

Switch ON the set by its main power ON/OFF swith at its front panel [not with remote control], and count the number of blinks occur before the set shuts down.
2 Blinks: 15V SOS D_BOARD / P-BOARD.
3 Blinks: 3.3V SOS D BOARD.
4 Blinks: POWER SOS P-BOARD.
5 Blinks 5V SOS D-BOARD.
6 Blinks DRIVER SOS 1 SC BOARD OR D-SC FPC SC ENERGY RECOVERY CIRCUIT _ D-SC FPC DET.

7 Blinks: DRIVER SOS 2 SU-BOARD / SD BOARD / SU or SD CONNECTOR DET / SU or SD SCAN AND LOGIC IC.
8 Blinks: DRIVER SOS 3 SS- BOARD or SS-2 BOARD / SS FPC DET / SS ENERGY RECOVERY UNIT.
9 Blinks: Discharge Control SOS D-Board.
10 Blinks: Sub 5V SOS/Sub 3.3V SOS A-Board / SC-Board / SS-Board / P-Board / MIHO 3.3 SOS / LED 8V SOS.
11 Blinks: Fan SOS A-Board or Fan fault.
12 Blinks: Sound SOS A-Board or speaker fault.
Count the number of blinks very accurately. Switch the TV OFF and ON; at least two times and cound the number for confirmation.

Last edited:
Thank you for your reply. Presumably, there's no way of identifying whether the SU or SD board is at fault? I suppose I can take a look to check whether I can see any burn marks.

Think you just change the complete board, the one that's all the way down from top to bottom on the left hand side with the back off, but not too sure.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom