• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

TX-P50VT20 VieraCast connection help needed please.

Cybermanc

Standard Member
Hi all,

I've been off the forum for a while and have scanned through a lot of old topics but can't find anything to help:confused:

I tried to connect wirelessly to the VieraCast suite (despite having owned the panel over a year it's only just occurred to me to do so). I am using the supplied wireless dongle and a WPS router.

My panel searches for a wi-fisignal and brings mine (and all the neighbours) up. I select mine and enter my password and after a few minutes of seeking it then fails to establish a connection.

I have tried....
PIN option
WPS Push Button option

I have also tried selecting the option on the panel that gives me a key number and going through the 'add service' option on my router (Netgear WNR2000) to no avail.

I'm tearing my hair out now as all other wi-fi reliant devices I own are fine (I also turned them all off whilst trying to connect the plasma)

Please help

As an extra, has there been any firmware updates as I've been on Panny site and can't find a thing. Running v2.1 at present.

Last edited:

Cybermanc

Standard Member
Yes I have, the router recognises the Panel as 'Viera' automatically and the Panel shows a signal in the house but doesn't want to connect/find it for some reason.

Cybermanc

Standard Member
I have yes, I have also tried the dongle 'directly' into either USB port rather than via the short extension cable is has.

The router I use shows 'Viera' in it's menu when the Panny is on and the Panel itself shows my connection details, it just will not connect grrrrrr

I'm also using Virgin 20mb broadband.

The latest video from AVForums

CES 2023 Round Up: New TV Lineups for 2023 from LG, Samsung, Panasonic, Hisense & TCL
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom