• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

TX-P50V10 Whats the best deal currently

hawkerpaul

Standard Member
I'm thinking about buying a Panasonic TX-P50V10.
I was wondering what is the best deal around for this at the moment, preferably one that includes at least a 3 year warranty.
I need this to include a stand to put on a cabinet.

Is there any other set that maybe I should be considering? (looking for a sub £1500 50 inch)

thanks

Geekster

I got mine last week, £1488.99 delivered with a 3 year warranty from digital direct.co.uk

I know the price will drop over time but you have to bite the bullet at some stage..

The TV comes with a stand, which I don't use.

rcoll

Ordered mine from House of Fraser 2 weeks ago at 1499 with 5 year warrenty. Told by sales guy yesterday it will be ready for collection tomorrow and prce has droped by 200 pounds.So at 1299 with 5 year warrenty (50 inch v10), havent seen it cheaper than that anywhere else. I will beleive the price drop when i hopefully see it tomorrow. Will let youu know how i get on.

incidently the tv was 1599 in shop, got 100 quid off just by asking no real haggle needed.

Gambler

Ordered mine from House of Fraser 2 weeks ago at 1499 with 5 year warrenty. Told by sales guy yesterday it will be ready for collection tomorrow and prce has droped by 200 pounds.So at 1299 with 5 year warrenty (50 inch v10), havent seen it cheaper than that anywhere else. I will beleive the price drop when i hopefully see it tomorrow. Will let youu know how i get on.

incidently the tv was 1599 in shop, got 100 quid off just by asking no real haggle needed.

Can you please tell me which House of Fraser it was m8?:smashin:

rcoll

House of fraser in belfast. Picked it up today 1299 inc 5 years warrenty great deal, great **.

Watching TT review 09 on blu Ray. Stunning super slow motion pictures.

rmdw1

Standard Member
Cheers rcoll ! Thanks for the heads up , phoned up house of fraser and salesman confirmed price but stated a months wait for stock. I was gonna purchase anyway but called into my local panasonic authorised dealer and he matched the price with the 5 year warranty too. And he had some in stock.
I was originally going to buy a g10 but the lower price on the v10 swayed me. :thumbsup:

hawkerpaul

Standard Member
Cheers rcoll ! Thanks for the heads up , phoned up house of fraser and salesman confirmed price but stated a months wait for stock. I was gonna purchase anyway but called into my local panasonic authorised dealer and he matched the price with the 5 year warranty too. And he had some in stock.
I was originally going to buy a g10 but the lower price on the v10 swayed me. :thumbsup:

Can you tell me who and where your local authorised Panasonic dealer is please? I phoned my local Panny dealler (Newport) and the best price they could do was £1750!

The best price I've seen so far is from Roy Jowett but he dont deliver to my area and the 5 year warranty is only when purchased in store. Tricky when you live 250 miles away!

Anyone know any other cheap options with a 3 or 5 year warranty?
cheers

rmdw1

Standard Member
Can you tell me who and where your local authorised Panasonic dealer is please? I phoned my local Panny dealler (Newport) and the best price they could do was £1750!

The best price I've seen so far is from Roy Jowett but he dont deliver to my area and the 5 year warranty is only when purchased in store. Tricky when you live 250 miles away!

Anyone know any other cheap options with a 3 or 5 year warranty?
cheers

Hi mate , sorry for delay answering your query. Only just noticed it , been in speaker forum a lot looking for new speakers for my amp!

The panasonic dealer was in East Belfast. He quoted me £1599 , But a cash price of £1299 with the 5 year panny warranty. Said he had 2 sets left in stock.
He also had a display 58v10 at a smashing price too. Cant remember the price but it was a bargain . Personally if my wife agreed to me spending more than 2 grand on a tv i would get a pio.
I probably just got lucky with a local deal. Did you try your local house of fraser? I presume they would pricematch the Belfast store.

rmdw1

Standard Member
just looked at house of fraser and the 50v10 is not even listed.

I know it isnt , phone them and i can assure you they will quote £1299.( Belfast store will at least) But they have a month wait for orders.

Look around the forum , other people have ordered from them and are waiting, a poster on this thread has already received his set and i was told i could have that price when i rang them as well.

I have no idea why it isnt on their site, maybe it is because stocks are so limited?

callahan

I've just been in to my local electrical retail place and they have the V10 for £1,350 inc 5 year warranty and delivery - without haggling. They have offered me the G10 for £1,050 which I might just have to go for :D

moominy

I know it isnt , phone them and i can assure you they will quote £1299.( Belfast store will at least) But they have a month wait for orders.

Look around the forum , other people have ordered from them and are waiting, a poster on this thread has already received his set and i was told i could have that price when i rang them as well.

I have no idea why it isnt on their site, maybe it is because stocks are so limited?

Im one of those with one ordered and waiting (been told stock is due in end of this week apparently)
The price of £1300 and 5 year warranty is available till the end of the month and was told even if no stock comes in before then then so long as you order one you will get it at £1300.
Should also note they didnt have one in store or on thier sale leaflet and the only reference was a sub note about the 50" next to the 42" V10 they had on display.

j1988

Hi mate , sorry for delay answering your query. Only just noticed it , been in speaker forum a lot looking for new speakers for my amp!

The panasonic dealer was in East Belfast. He quoted me £1599 , But a cash price of £1299 with the 5 year panny warranty. Said he had 2 sets left in stock.
He also had a display 58v10 at a smashing price too. Cant remember the price but it was a bargain . Personally if my wife agreed to me spending more than 2 grand on a tv i would get a pio.
I probably just got lucky with a local deal. Did you try your local house of fraser? I presume they would pricematch the Belfast store.

Currys are doing the pioneer lx5090 for £1900 with stand & speakers

AppleMike

I emailed them today. The reply was:

Unfortunately we have currently exhausted our stocking levels on this model. We are expecting more in later this month but as yet no quantity has not be confirmed by Panasonic. Please note that when stock arrives, only customers who are able to call into our showroom to purchase will qualify for the 5 year manufacturers warranty

joseywales

Ive just bought one from my local dealer , £1275 with the 5 year panny warranty. He said he would have it by the end of the month :)

moominy

Just had a phone call from house of fraser to say the central warehouse has had delivery of about 50 V10's.
Should have mine by the weekend or early next week.

joseywales

Ralphy1981

I've e mailed House Of Fraser about the TX-P50V10.

If they can do it for £1300 with a 5 year waranty, I'll have it.

hdtvgeek

Standard Member
I've e mailed House Of Fraser about the TX-P50V10.

If they can do it for £1300 with a 5 year waranty, I'll have it.

Your in luck then they are selling for £1299 inc 5yr panny warranty, I know as picking mine up from the Reading store:thumbsup:

I had to pay a deposit but tey will ring me when it arrives...

cant wait for Forza 3 on this:)

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom