TX-P50G20B and hard drive

J

JediThumper

Hi

Does anyone have any experience with the TX-P50G20B and using a hard drive. I have not managed to find out much information except that only one type of drive has been tested with this. Has anyone used different dive manufacturers? How well does it work and is it worth bothering with. I have a Toppy to record Freeview SD and was hoping to use the record feature of the TV to record some HD.

Thanks

Alan

Hi

Does anyone have any experience with the TX-P50G20B and using a hard drive. I have not managed to find out much information except that only one type of drive has been tested with this. Has anyone used different dive manufacturers? How well does it work and is it worth bothering with. I have a Toppy to record Freeview SD and was hoping to use the record feature of the TV to record some HD.

Thanks

Alan

ive used a western digital external hard drive works quite well you can do timer records and record hd. The usual of pause live tv works the only problem is the information will only play on that television so if your friend wants to borrow it he cant and you it wont work on pc or anything either.

First time poster, long time lurker here.:hiya:

Can one of you guys with a working hard disk advise if you can watch Sky+ through a scart connection whilst something is recording from Freesat or Freeview HD? I understand it's not possible to view the other onboard tuner whilst recording but wondered if this would be possible? Also, is it definitely just powered hard disks that work or has anyone got one towork through the usb?

I was hoping that the HD options with the tuners would allow me not to upgrade to Sky HD but I'm finding that being unable to pause live TV or record in HD is pushing me towards Sky:(

My hdd is a usb powered from the set one and it works perfectly fine records hd also from the set.
It will pause and rewind too, its a no named one from off ebay only 160gb which is the minimum size that will work on the g20.

I bought a £40 250GB Seagate Expansion drive from Argos & it works brilliantly. Straight out of the box (after I first had to reformat it to FAT32 with my PC).

Yes I CAN record on the USB HDD whilst at the same time watching Sky input through SCART. Makes it a much more useful tool.

P.S.
Cunningly you cannot output what you recorded through a SCART and re-record it on a PVR. I thought this would be a "work-around" for not being able to share the HDD with someone else. Seems that any USB HDD stuff you record is purely for your own "time-shifting" then.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom