• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

TX-P37X10-can it have different settings for each input

Nick.M.G.

Standard Member
Thinking of getting one of these to replace a Loewe Aventos CRT (want to get the benefit of my PS3).

I just wondered if you can have different settings (colour,brightnes, sharpness etc) for each input, e.g. PS3, DVD and Sky.

Also is ISF calibration worth it on this TV as the calibration I assume with cost 50% of the value of the TV (£499) or should I just use a good set up DVD.

Thanks

Last edited:

petet66

I have the 42" X10 which comes with the same manual so I guess it's the same as the 37" and the answer is yes. I have the AV1 input set to "Normal" for my Sky SD box, AV2 set to "Cinema" for my dvd player and the component input set to "Game" for my son's Xbox 360. Within each setting you can also tailor sharpness, colour, contrast, brightness and a range of other options all of which are remembered for the input.

Last edited:

rewerb

I have the 42" X10 which comes with the same manual so I guess it's the same as the 37" and the answer is yes. I have the AV1 input set to "Normal" for my Sky SD box, AV2 set to "Cinema" for my dvd player and the component input set to "Game" for my son's Xbox 360. Within each setting you can also tailor sharpness, colour, contrast, brightness and a range of other options all of which are remembered for the input.
But what you cant do is have, say, component and AV2 both using "cinema" picture mode but with different brightness/contrast etc. There can only be one set of values for the "cinema" setting, one set for "normal" etc.

petet66

That's right. the way to think of it is that there are Cinema, Normal and Game modes (ignore Dynamic it's awful :)) and these can be tailored to your viewing preferences. Each input can then have one of these named viewing modes allocated to it.

As for calibration if you read the review of the 42" X10 on these forums it's definitely worth it as often the greyscale setting needs adjustment and that needs proper tech gear to do so. The stumbling block is price which can be considerable when viewed as a proportion of the purchase price of the TV. I still hope that one day I'll have the cash to get my TV calibrated (though i'll probably hide the receipt from my wife!).

By the way I'm not criticising the fees charged by qualified calibrators, just finding it hard to justify on a budget TV.

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom