• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

TX NR 709 Owners thread

Tbone68

OK, I'll start this.
Got mine yesterday and pretty impressed so far.

First problem - I set the video out to 4k upscaling and the picture disappeared. I had to change it back to Auto.
Any idea why ?

Also, the sound settigns are a bit confusing. What do others use when eg watching a BR DVD ? Freeview ? etc to get the best sound ?

Thanks.

britbill

Standard Member
You can only use the 4K scalaing if your display supports that. AFAIK there's only a handful of displays right now and we're talking over $500,000 or so.

Panasonic's 152-inch 4K-resolution 3D plasma ships this fall -- Engadget

I have a question. I own the 370 and get crazy white lines/noise whenever the Video prcessor is set to Cinema or Edge Enhancement. This problem has been identified for the 609 and a firmware update was released recently to fix it. Does anyone here with a 709 or 370 have the same problem?

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom