TX-58DX700Z with Vizio SB Lip Sync

ofiril

Novice Member
Hello
I have for some time the great and a little bit old Panasonic TX-58DX700Z.
I purchased the Vizio M-Series All In One Soundbar and connected it from its ARC to my HDMI 2 on the TV that support ARC.
I have the Apple TV and an android TV box connected to the other (1&3) HDMI ports on the TV.
Everything is working fine but I have a lip syncing in all apps (Netflix / YouTube/ TV+) and I’m both Apple TV and android TV.
I’ve talked with Vizio Support and they did everything they can with the Soundbar but told me the issue is with the TV.
I must say that I had in the past my Yamaha receiver connected to this tv and didn’t had this issues.
I’ve searched in the TV menu but there’s no options to fix lip sync.
What can I do?
buy a new tv ?😀

please help me fixing this issue

thanks

mikej

It's rare to get audio delay options on a TV in my experience (I've certainly not seen it on the Panasonic TVs I've owned), but you'll often find it on an external device or soundbar/AV amp.

If there's no option to set a delay on your soundbar, then you could try an optical (SPDIF/Toslink) cable instead. You'll lose the control of the soundbar volume with the TV remote that you get with HDMI-ARC, but that might be preferable to lip sync problems !

ofiril

Novice Member
It's rare to get audio delay options on a TV in my experience (I've certainly not seen it on the Panasonic TVs I've owned), but you'll often find it on an external device or soundbar/AV amp.

If there's no option to set a delay on your soundbar, then you could try an optical (SPDIF/Toslink) cable instead. You'll lose the control of the soundbar volume with the TV remote that you get with HDMI-ARC, but that might be preferable to lip sync problems !
I’ve connected with optical cable from my sound bar to my tv and set the Soundbar to optical , I can hear the tv but still have lip sync issues

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Sky Glass, Epson Laser Projectors plus Home Cinema Subwoofers and More…
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom