TX-58AX802B sound & picture switching on and off...

MrGally

Novice Member
I've just started having problems with my beloved TX-58AX802B...when the screen is switched on (button or from standby), the Panasonic logo appears but then the top menu does not pop-up, nor does the blue input notification, e.g. HDMI4. The menus, DVB TV or AV input selection are not accessible/working using the remote. If I switch on SKY I do initially get picture and sound but then it cycles off and on. On for 15.5 secs, off for 6 secs, on for 15.5 secs, off for 6 secs...

I've hard reset the tv but this had no effect. If I switch the TV on and off using the manual switch on the back, I can eventually get the TV working again - usually after 5 to 10 times of trying. I'd really like to get it fixed rather than contribute to landfill - can anyone suggest what could be wrong? If I could identify the faulty board or part, I'm willing to have a bash at replacing the faulty parts with used spares bought online. Thanks in advance.

DAVEGRANT

Novice Member
I've just started having problems with my beloved TX-58AX802B...when the screen is switched on (button or from standby), the Panasonic logo appears but then the top menu does not pop-up, nor does the blue input notification, e.g. HDMI4. The menus, DVB TV or AV input selection are not accessible/working using the remote. If I switch on SKY I do initially get picture and sound but then it cycles off and on. On for 15.5 secs, off for 6 secs, on for 15.5 secs, off for 6 secs...

I've hard reset the tv but this had no effect. If I switch the TV on and off using the manual switch on the back, I can eventually get the TV working again - usually after 5 to 10 times of trying. I'd really like to get it fixed rather than contribute to landfill - can anyone suggest what could be wrong? If I could identify the faulty board or part, I'm willing to have a bash at replacing the faulty parts with used spares bought online. Thanks in advance.
Hi did you get this resolved? Have the same TV and same issue, have sent mine to Hughes Repair and after 3 weeks I still have no answer from them. They tell me they have ordered test parts to see what the issue is with the TV, I'm confused by this and they are not being very helpful.

Dave

MrGally

Novice Member
Hi Dave, Sorry to hear you've suffered the same problem I had. All the symptoms I had pointed towards the main PCB failing - the conclusive confirmation (which I learned reading loads online) was the sequence of flashes that the red power light was indicating. From memory I think it was 13 flashes followed by a pause and then repeated. At the time the part alone was nearly £500 so I decided it was, unfortunately, not economical to repair so I bought a replacement. Cheers, Dave

DAVEGRANT

Novice Member
Hi Dave, Sorry to hear you've suffered the same problem I had. All the symptoms I had pointed towards the main PCB failing - the conclusive confirmation (which I learned reading loads online) was the sequence of flashes that the red power light was indicating. From memory I think it was 13 flashes followed by a pause and then repeated. At the time the part alone was nearly £500 so I decided it was, unfortunately, not economical to repair so I bought a replacement. Cheers, Dave
Dave

Not what I wanted to hear but helps a lot, find it funny why Hughes Repair are taking so long finding the fault. So far I'm in £55 just for an engineer to turn up and tell me it's gotta go in for repair - only in house for 5 mins 🤬

Guess I'll have to wait and see what they say, but watching a 15" TV is doing my head in, (Should have gone to SpecSavers) 🤣

Anyway thanks for the reply.

Ta Dave

ptb2021

Novice Member
Have exactly the same problems. For a while switching it off at the back and on again worked fine. Then doing that just got me the Panasonic logo. My remote didn't work at all. Tried all the various advice videos on YouTube and have now sent it off to the local repair man who told me he doesn't know how long it will be because of problems with getting parts from Panasonic. Had to buy another set which isn't 4K or as big or 3D. Try finding a 3D tv these days as they've stopped making them. What are us 4K and 3D fans supposed to do with our 4k and 3D Blu Rays now if we can't watch them? Will Panasonic give us a refund?

ptb2021

Novice Member
Dave

Not what I wanted to hear but helps a lot, find it funny why Hughes Repair are taking so long finding the fault. So far I'm in £55 just for an engineer to turn up and tell me it's gotta go in for repair - only in house for 5 mins 🤬

Guess I'll have to wait and see what they say, but watching a 15" TV is doing my head in, (Should have gone to SpecSavers) 🤣

Anyway thanks for the reply.

Ta Dave
I spent two days using my spare Hitachi which after hardly being used at all for the past few years, it was in the bedroom, gave up completely on third day and wouldn't even switch on. Then after one day trying to watch using my 21" computer screen I rushed to the nearest store and using a credit card bought the only set I could afford which is neither 4K or 3D and only 43". But for now it does. But it's not like the real thing!

DAVEGRANT

Novice Member
I spent two days using my spare Hitachi which after hardly being used at all for the past few years, it was in the bedroom, gave up completely on third day and wouldn't even switch on. Then after one day trying to watch using my 21" computer screen I rushed to the nearest store and using a credit card bought the only set I could afford which is neither 4K or 3D and only 43". But for now it does. But it's not like the real thing!
Forget what I paid but it cost over 2k new, I have a Samsung upstairs (One of the first LED TV's) and it's still going strong after 10 yrs +

I'm more pissed off that I paid a lot of money for a high end (All dancing all singing) TV and looks like it could be fudgeed after < 6 yrs.

As for the comment on 3D, well that was a fad that was doomed from the start and I never got the TV for that feature. Also there are plenty of decent 4k TV's out there that are under 1K and if mine is going to cost £500+ to fix then I'll do the same as Dave ^ did. The only issue is they have my Vesa wall mounts still on back of TV so will need them back.

DAVEGRANT

Novice Member
Final word here.

It's official my very expensive Panasonic TX-58AX802B if knackered.

Very bad show Panasonic UK only six years old and cost nearly 3K

Bye.........

The latest video from AVForums

AVForums Movies Podcast: Streaming Theatrical Releases And The Future Of Cinema
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom