TX-55HX580B Vivid Motion and Picture Settings Advice

DunwichD

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi all. I recently purchased the TX-55HX580B, and I've been going through the picture settings and came across vivid motion. I was wondering, should I have this enabled or set to low, medium or high? And if anyone has a picture setup with the model I've listed that they think is best please do tell me as I'm willing to try anything to get the best out of my firestick tv! I don't have a picture of the settings menu as I'm away, but I'll post it once I'm back if needed.

Kind regards

You should set it how you wish. Whatever looks best to you. Don't listen to anyone who says: I turn off all processing, I want to watch a production as the director intended. Just do what you feel looks best on the TV you paid for.

Have a play around with custom motion processing settings too, as the pre-sets may not hit the spot for you.

There are a few recommendations and comments about settings in this thread.

Question - New TV - Any Panasonic TX-50HX580B owners? - Advice & Picture Settings

I'm not familiar with the 'Vivid Motion' setting on any Panasonic TV I've owned but if you're after the best, most natural-looking picture then it's normally wise to keep any extra, unnecessary image processing off, as having too many of these settings turned on may introduce artefacts and ultimately have a detrimental affect on picture quality.

If Vivid Motion involves any kind of motion interpolation, then there may be consequences of having it on or set too high (motion can look very unnatural). I would experiment with it at the various different settings and see which you prefer because - at the end of the day - people can make as many recommendations as they want, but there is no substitute for your own eyes and it'll be down to personal preference :)

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom