1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TX-32PD50 Geomety

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by shooi, Jan 20, 2005.

1. shooi

shooi

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've had my 32PD50 for about 2 weeks now and am generally dead impressed. DVD picture quality through component/progressive is stunning.

With Sky, however, the TV seems to have a very liberal interpretation of what a vertical line should look like (I believe that this is referred to as the picture geometry, but as I'm pretty new to all this, I'm happy to be advised otherwise!).

Instead of being straight, vertical lines are quite noticably wavey, especially at the top and bottom where they flare out towards the corners of the screen (particularly noticable with 14:9 broadcasts viewed in 16:9 format). The onscreen info box that you get with Sky also flares out at the bottom.

Is this something that I simply have to live with or is there something that I can do (or Panasonic can come out and sort for me - preferred option if it means delving into sevice menus and the like)?

Oh, and please don't tell me I should have got a 9509 - my wife preferred the look of the Panasonic, so that's that :laugh:

Thanks!

2. GalacticaActual

GalacticaActual

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +199
    A lot of geomatry issues can be sorted out with some services menu adjustments. Unless you know what you are doing however I would ask that an engineer come and vist to sort the problem out, After all you say you have only had it a few weeks , so it should be still weel within warranty.

3. Goggleyes

Goggleyes
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Tell me about, I wanted a Sony DX200 but was overruled.

I saw this on the 32PD50 on display in a Panasonic shop, so it might well be a "feature".

Remember, if you swap it you might get one that is worse. So best to check a few in the high-street, to make sure better examples are common, before complaining.

Regards

4. Simcom

Simcom
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have the same Geometry issues on my TX36PD50C which I received this week. I've got an engineer coming on Thursday to try and sort it out via the Service menu. Hoping it has just been set up badly at the factory.