TX-32LXD70 White Lines, What to do?

D

Deleted member 39001

Hello Peeps,
I had Sky HD installed last weekend, and although my Panny TX-32LXD70 screen is fine on the whole, I do STILL get the white line syndrome, even on some HD programmes.
I had it before using my indoor television airel which I thought was the cause?

I normally have my telly on default levels,
Viewing Mode at: Auto
Colour Balance at: Normal
Colour Management at: On
P-NR at: Off

I like the picture these settings produce and as the telly doesn't have the ability for different settings for different inputs then in my eyes it's the best pic across all the inputs, DVD and Video via Scart RGB, 360 via component and Sky HD via HDMI.

So what I am asking is rather then reduce the picture sharpness which reduces the picture quality, are their any other solutions to this problem that people have done? Should I exchange the television for new one? I got the TV from John Lewis.

Any ideas peeps?
Thanks.

From what I understand, this problem is inherant to this TV which means all of the same model will have it. Now not every owner of this TV complains about it, but that's because they may not realise they have the problem because as it doesn't show up in all situations.

You serious? If so than how bad is it? I was going to buy one tomorrow and am wondering now...

From what I understand, this problem is inherant to this TV which means all of the same model will have it. Now not every owner of this TV complains about it, but that's because they may not realise they have the problem because as it doesn't show up in all situations.

well if it's an iherant problem then I won't worry about it as it is very intermittent when it does it and the PQ is fantastic otherwise. I just seem to remember people swapping TV's for the issue, rather not due to the hassle but I would also like a telly that works if it is a problem with just my telly.

Not good - Had just set my sights on getting this for £600 from JL. Always a problem with any set I decide to go for...

Not good - Had just set my sights on getting this for £600 from JL. Always a problem with any set I decide to go for...

There are problems with every single TV. Don't let that put you off. I myself am probably going to purchase this set. This white line problem is very minimal in my estimation and think of the other fantastic reviews this set gets.

There are problems with every single TV. Don't let that put you off. I myself am probably going to purchase this set. This white line problem is very minimal in my estimation and think of the other fantastic reviews this set gets.

I suppose JL have a good rep when it comes to replacing/refunding anyway... I've waited WAY too long to get a new (and decent) TV.

My PM email to JL Solihull was sent (to the undersale dep.) last night. They haven't got back to me to confirm everything is correct with my email yet, and after seeing apreading post about getting his PM confirmed by JL Solihull I think it would've been a better plan phoning! >_<

I have 1 of these and have looked so hard for these white lines and cannot see anything like these lines so dont let it put u off

Alex

I have got an LXD70 and have no white lines, no blurring, no nothing except a superb picture. Only use it for viewing sky through sky+ and the odd dvd, not HD as yet. Would highly recommend this tv so don't be put off by the odd negative comment!

How about someone posting a picture of the white line problem, then potential purchasers could judge for themselves.

thanks.

I'll try and post a pic for you when I get the chance.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom