TX-26LXD70 Low Buzzing

D

Deefex

First of all - very happy with the TV. Setup from the box was simple, and the image for both SD freeview and HD blu-ray discs are excellent.

My only small gripe is that there's a low humming/buzzing sound when the TV is switched on. It's barely discernable but now I've latched onto it I can't ignore it, especially when ambient noise is low. I do sit rather close to the TV as well(~ 2 metres)

I asked Panasonic whether this was normal and get the following response:

"In response, I would explain that Plasma panels DO buzz because of the high power and switching frequencies they work at. The buzz will be heard more easily during quiet periods and especially at night when ambient noise is very low. Normally buzz level should not be heard from about 15 feet away with normal ambient noise and normal audio playback levels."

Can anyone comment on similar behaviour of their LCD TVs ? (Panasonic or otherwise)

I'd a 26LXD500 that buzzed.But I mainly used it for gaming at night(using Headphones) I've 26LXD600 now for gaming,dvds at night and its silent.

I started a thread some time ago dedicated to buzzing TVs and there was loads of response.(Do a search)

I came to the conclusion that many many tvs "Buzz"....mine (Humax) still does although it was returned once and the new one was the same.However some DONT buzz and some of the ones that do buzz the owners are not too bothered.

I have reluctantly got used to it.

As its an occasional use bedroom set I have kept it although if it had been a high priced lounge type model I would have rejected it entirely.

My take on this is that I accept and understand the answer Panasonic gave you BUT that disclaimer should be up front on the box...........I guess you wouldnt have bought it........neither would I.Also in the electronics world there is always a circuit or component or re design that would stop these sort of things.......but of course more money!

I consider we have gone flat panel crazy.......the manufacturers have responded to the demand and produced some flawed badly designed sets.

There is not only "Buzzing" there is also "Motion Blur","Blocking","Poor Viewing Angle"........just researc the threads!!!!!!!!!!!

This doesnt apply to all sets as there are some people who are overjoyed with their flat panels.

To sum up I will not be replacing my 29" Sony CRT lounge set until flat panels grow up and get far better reviews.

Steve

i have the previous model the 26LXD60 and it has no buzz at all, I also recently got the big brother the 32" and it buzzed loudly, so much that I took it back as faulty and the engineer wrote it off.

if you can hear it at all i'd say it was possibly faulty.

I asked Panasonic whether this was normal and get the following response:

"In response, I would explain that Plasma panels DO buzz because of the high power and switching frequencies they work at. The buzz will be heard more easily during quiet periods and especially at night when ambient noise is very low. Normally buzz level should not be heard from about 15 feet away with normal ambient noise and normal audio playback levels."

Can anyone comment on similar behaviour of their LCD TVs ? (Panasonic or otherwise)

Is that just an error or did he forget yours is an LCD, perhaps contact them again and explain yours is an LCD

Interestingly enough, I have noticed that the LXD70 also buzzes when it's switched off (i.e. not on stand by. switched off). The only way to stop this is to switch it off at the mains.

Surely this can't be normal? :eek:

The buzzing I hear when watching Freeview disappears (or changes frequency so I don't hear it anymore) when I switch to the PS3 (HDMI).

I am concerned about the "switched-off" buzzing though -I haven't heard anything about that on other threads.:(

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom