Two year old Dvd player, IS THAT OLD?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by tiggy, Oct 14, 2001.

1. tiggy

tiggy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    HI,
    Am new to the DVD revolution and looking to buy my first Machine, I have a budget of around £300 give or take, and had my eye on the Pioneer 717.
    I was told this machine was very good, and was all set to invest in one, then I learnt that it's a few years old now. Is there much of a difference between this machine and the very latest ones, should I save a little bit more?, or is this machine still up there with the best of them. Will I be able to use the lastest sound system's with it. Any input will be appreciated. :confused:

2. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The 717 is still an excellent DVD player, in terms of A/V performance, even by today's standards.

3. Ars longa, vita brevis

Ars longa, vita brevis

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i've got one, has good features, no pro scan though like its recent replacement, due for replacement itself i believe.

as an early machine its quite good, rgb, good picture and audio. you will have to put up with a garish osd though and it may be a bit slower to acces things than new dvd players, but i can't confirm that as i can't rmember the 530 i had for a while and its the same as the 919.