1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Two versions of R2 Citizen Kane?

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by prevailrob, Jan 19, 2004.

1. prevailrob

prevailrob

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I was in the UK over Christmas and popped into woolworths to see if I could pick up anything in the sales. I grabbed a Citizen Kane off the shelf, it was in a nice cardboard digipack but I put myself off buying it, thinking I could grab it off Play just as cheap when I got home.

Anyway, my copy from Play just arrived today, but im dissapointed to find its in an amary case and not the digipak.

The puzzling thing is that both editions seem identical in content but I cant find an online retailer that can certify that the version they are selling is the cardboard case one.

Any clues?

Cheers
    Rob

2. the_pauley

the_pauley
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +198
    The Amray packaging seemed to pop up everywhere just after Xmas. All HMV's sale stock in my local branch is in Amray.

Guess after the initial run it's cheaper to resort to Amray.

3. Duncan Harvey

Duncan Harvey
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +117
    I'd have thought everybody would much prefer sturdy replacable keep cases to god awful digipacks.

4. the_pauley

the_pauley
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +198
    True, but then the digipack version was very tasty.

If you're a real fan of the movie it is worth owning the R1 and R2 copies of the movie as each has a completely different and equally worthy set of extras.

The R1 audio commentaries are particularly excellent (2 seperate tracks), one by Roger Ebert and one by Peter Bogdanovich.

And the R1 copy I bought was in a digipack.