Two tv box connections, two broadband connection points, one super hub.

Shaz01

Standard Member
Reaction score
I recently had VM TV, BB, Phone installed (nightmare in itself, but a story for another time).

I have main entry connection in front of house. Installation included additional hd box in back of house, extension. In order to install to back of house, a new/ additional/ extended cable was run from outside the front of house (so separate cable connection from first tv box in the frontroom) around the external walls to the back extension. Tv box fitted. I asked for the cable to be split to allow a modem/ bb connection as the wifi signal did not reach from the main house. The split was done.

(NB. I have tried all the options of extending the signal, boosters etc. the electric wiring is on separate circuits so couldn't use that option to carry the signal).

So it seems I'm all set ready to go.... Except VM say I can't have two SH. Fair enough. So.... Here's the question....

How do I connect another modem to the addition bb point? What is the advised gear? And how do I sync this to the main hub? ( the VM advisor said its possible to add a modem but their engineers would need to synchronise it.... I'm not sure if that makes sense to me).

BTW, I'm not in the trade (sure you guessed that already) but I have techy type people to hand.

Thanks in advance guys,

What you want to do isnt possible. The cable is there to connect modems and tv services to virgins network, not your own. You would need to run some ethernet cable and create your own network.

As above. From the router run an ethernet cable to the back of the house and connect to an ethernet switch or an access point ( AP) there, or even to an ethernet switch and then plug a wireless AP into one of the switch ports. That way you'll have both wired and wireless connection available in the back of the house.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom