Two TV’s with One Surround Sytem

Gio57

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

New to forum posting and hoping someone can help.

See attached picture. I currently have 2 49” 4K TVs wall mounted alongside each other nice and flush on the living room wall. It looks incredibly smart with no wires in sight as they all run behind the wall to an oak cabinet that contains all the boxes.

Hidden in the cabinet is Sky Q 4k, Xbox One X, Nintendo Switch and Apple TV through a 4K 4x2 Matrix to the screens allowing for any input on either screen at any time.

Where the setup lacks is the sound.
At present this is still relying on the TV speakers.

I am wanting to put in a 5.1 (maybe sonos) for films and gaming. I know that I am going to need an optical switcher from the screens which is no problem.

My question is has anyone got a similar setup and how did you handle the centre channel?

Symmetrically to make the whole thing look smart the centre needs to sit below and centred to both of the screens. However, although centred to the setup the sound will never be centred to the picture. This will mean the Centre channel will be ~50cm left or right from the chosen picture source.

Would this 50cm offset be noticeable to the ear?

Forgetting Sonos, could I do something mad crazy with a centre below each screen using a 2 zone amp? Could I wire the FL, FR, RL, RR, SW on both zones to the same 5 surround speakers but then put each of the centres below each screen on to it’s respective zone to make the sound centred.

Thoughts very welcomed. thanks!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 1,739

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom