1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Two towers sound mix??

Discussion in 'TV Show Forum' started by mattruston, Dec 23, 2002.

1. mattruston

mattruston

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    did anyone who went to see the two towers at a warner village cinema notice the poor sound? maybe it was just me or maybe since ive got into home cinema ive got a much keener ear for quality of sound, but to me the sound seemed flat and rather quiet actually with unconvincing sound effects (arrows whistling past your ears etc) or maybe the spectre of home cinema beating cinema sound has come to bear. thats the paradox for me anyways, having better home quality sound on dvd than in the cinema, almost ruins the cinematic experience for me. how sad i know!! but oh well :(

2. Ian Cox

Ian Cox

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I also noticed this at the Odeon in Brighton. The film sounded really flat, I could hardly here the score, there were hardly any rear effects and it was generally quite and un-involving. I am going to see TTT again next weekend but this time at a UGC cinema so it will be interesting to see if it sounds so poor elsewhere.

3. James45

James45
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I think a few people (including myself) have noticed problems with the score so I'm guessing it's the film's soundtrack and not the cinemas' fault.
    Incidental music could hardly be heard and the action stuff just wasn't that loud, hope they redo the score (and the Ents sfx) for the DVD!

4. daninthemix

daninthemix

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I went to see it @ Showcase in Bristol and it was stereo!!! (possibly with some rudimentary surround extrapolation). As the trailers prior to the film itself sounded fantastic (in 5.1), I would have to point finger at the film print...except the picture was incredible...what gives :confused:

5. Garrett

Garrett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,042
    Can’t say I had the same problem. I saw it to day and it definitely was in surround even though I did not get a hot seat, but I did notice one or two faults in the print at times near the beginning.

6. mansell

mansell

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +39
    I watched it in Cineworld in Bristol and can say for sure the sound was fantastic and in surround sound.