Two Towers DVD Announced

J

Jonny1973

Taken from www.thedigitalbits.com, last night.

New Line Home Entertainment has officially announced the DVD release of The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers!

The 2-disc theatrical cut will street on 26th August in both full frame and anamorphic widescreen versions. The set will include audio in Dolby Digital 5.1, along with the On the Set: The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers and Return to Middle-earth documentaries, 8 featurettes on the people and places in Middle-earth, a 10-minute behind-the-scenes sneak preview of The Return of the King, Sean Astin's short film The Long and Short of It, a documentary on the making of the short film, the Gollum's Song music video by Emiliana Torrini, previews of the Return of the King video game and the Special Extended DVD Edition of The Two Towers and more.

That will be followed by... you guessed it... The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers - Special Extended DVD Edition on 18th November. As with extended version of The Fellowship of the Ring, this will be a massive 4-disc affair, including a 40+ minute longer version of the film in anamorphic widescreen video, with Dolby Digital and DTS audio. You'll also get audio commentary and a massive bounty of extra features beyond what you'll find on the 2-disc version.

Taken from www.thedigitalbits.com, tonight.

As we reported last night, the 2-disc Theatrical Version will street on 26th August in both full frame and anamorphic widescreen (2.35:1) versions. The 179-minute film will feature Dolby Digital 5.1 EX surround sound, with English and Spanish subtitles and English closed captioning. The exact features list includes: 2 in-depth documentaries (On the Set - The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers and Return to Middle Earth), Sean Astin's The Long and the Short of It short film, The Making of The Long and the Short of It featurette, 8 production featurettes (Forces of Darkness, Designing the Sounds of Middle-earth, Edoras: The Rohan Capital, Creatures of Middle-earth, Gandalf the White, Arms and Armor, The Battle of Helm's Deep and Bringing Gollum to Life), an exclusive 10-minute preview of The Return of the King, original theatrical trailers and TV spots, the Golllum's Song music video by Emiliana Torrini, a preview of Electronic Arts' Return of the King video game, and a preview of the Two Towers: Special Extended DVD Version. This represents some 2 hours of bonus content.

And, as we mentioned last night, the 4-disc Special Extended DVD Version of the film will follow on 18th November. It's currently in production, so specific features and specs will be announced at a later date. But you can reasonably assume it will be similar in format to the previous 4-disc version of The Fellowship of the Ring. As with that disc, no content will be repeated between the 2-disc and 4-disc versions of The Two Towers, so you'll get your money's worth if you buy both versions.

The film will be 43 minutes longer than the theatrical cut. It will be rated PG-13, and will be presented in anamorphic widescreen video with Dolby Digital and DTS surround sound and audio commentary. It will also feature 2 full discs of all new bonus material.

lotrtwotowers2discwidedvd.jpg

lotrtwotowers4discdvd.jpg

you absolute SOD !!!
i was trying to be calm - i was trying not to get TOO excited - i was trying not to annoy the missis tooo much like i did last year - but GODDAMITT - I JUST CANT WAIT

i hate peter jackson with a passion, cos i'm gonna have to go through this next year as well !!!!

adi

But I'm sure that I read somewhere that the Two Towers
book had a red cover whereas the FOTR had a green cover
so it would make sense that TTT would be in keeping with
the original books colour.

I hope its red, will look absolutely awesome when I have all three on the shelf.

Cannot wait for this, just seeing the press release has got me mumbling "we wants it, we wants the preccciouuus" under my breath. :)

Looks like it will indeed be red, this image is from the offical site:

Attachments

• dvd_tt.jpg
    dvd_tt.jpg
    10.8 KB · Views: 200
DVD Soon are selling the Platinum Edition 4 disc set for £17.43. It is green on their illustration.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom