1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

'Two' Tosh 40WH08Bs...Which One?

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by Kevo, Jan 17, 2002.

1. Kevo

Aug 23, 2001
    Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    OK, here's my dilemna....

I bought a boxed new Tosh 40WH08B from Courts only a month ago and it went faulty after 9 days.

In the meantime they loaned me a display model which has been fine, no probs with pic etc apart from a few scratches and chips on the case.

They have no more sets of this model left in stock and is now discontinued.

Had my original set returned the other day only to find that it's STILL faulty :mad:

So I'm still using the loan set, the faulty one is now in my hallway.
    It's going back for repair (AGAIN) next week.

Should I....

Take my chances and keep the loan set, although it's hard to say how long it's been on display and this concerns me.

Take my chances with the original set and pray that it doesn't go faulty again.
    I just don't want to keep sending it off for repair every week or so!

Where would I stand in the future if it went faulty again and there was no equivalent model to replace it with?

The terms do say that if it CAN'T be fixed then it will be replaced with an equivalent model?
    Just how broad is 'equivalent'?
    i.e would they replace it with the newer 42" Tosh model ?

Surely I have some grounds if it continues to go faulty and get 'fixed' periodically especially as I have had it such a short space of time.

Anybody had any similar experiences like this with replacments?